www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey transport in talks with CT Plus to run buses

Go down

Jersey transport in talks with CT Plus to run buses Empty Jersey transport in talks with CT Plus to run buses

Post by GD Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:46 pm

Jersey could see a new company operating its bus service from 2013 after the transport department announced its preferred bidder.

Transport and Technical Services (TTS) selected CT Plus as the company they want to run the service from next year.

Seven companies were invited to tender to run the government-owned service.

If the negotiations are successful, the company will run the commuter, school and town bus services in the island from the start of 2013.

Jersey needs

TTS said a team of bus industry experts and Jersey officers looked at cost, quality and technical expertise when evaluating the tenders.

The government department said CT Plus would now need to develop proposals that work towards the sustainable transport policy targets of reducing traffic on the roads.

Existing staff would be able to transfer to the new operator and TTS officers said unions were being kept informed.

Deputy Kevin Lewis said extra staff were likely to be needed as the sustainable transport policy requires an increase in passenger capacity.

He said: "I expect a lot from the new bus contract which will come into force in January 2013.

"I want to see innovation in the way we deliver a modern public bus service for the public of Jersey and I believe CT Plus can provide this.

"I understand we can't expect everything to happen at once, but change does need to happen to move the service into a commercially viable and sustainable asset for the local community."
(from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum