www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BYGOTT-WEBB; Hugh B. J.

3 posters

Go down

BYGOTT-WEBB; Hugh B. J. Empty BYGOTT-WEBB; Hugh B. J.

Post by GD Sat 17 Mar 2012, 3:50 pm

Manifesto to follow...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

BYGOTT-WEBB; Hugh B. J. Empty Re: BYGOTT-WEBB; Hugh B. J.

Post by GD Tue 27 Mar 2012, 12:52 pm

BYGOTT-WEBB; Hugh B. J. Hugh-Bygott-Webb-300x228My name is Hugh Bygott-Webb and I am standing as a candidate for Deputy in the forthcoming States election on 18 April. I am asking for your support because I want to serve the people of Guernsey and the town of St Peter Port.

I believe that over the next four years the Bailiwick is going to face a number of challenges brought about by the continuing financial crisis and consequent threats to our identity, economy and political system. The outgoing States of Deliberation have not provided enough leadership. I believe that I can supply fresh thinking and ideas backed by a varied experience of a number of different relevant walks of life.

The electorate has a right to understand where their representatives are coming from: so I have listed 13 (unlucky for some) bullet points on issues I think of importance, a brief introduction to me and points that reflect my political philosophy.

• Independence as a jurisdiction not isolation as a State – maintaining and improving our relationship with the UK and the EU – our business partners.
  • Firm declaration maintaining the distinction between Open and Local Market – review the criteria for licensing.
  • Regeneration of Town. The pedestrianisation of the Market Square has been a mistake – bring back access, limited pick-up and disability parking.
  • Those who take money out of the public pot – Politicians, Civil Servants, Regulators are the servants of those who put money in.
  • Education is about preparing a child for the World – not about passing tests– we need a review of the goals and a proper plan for Education.
  • Housing – improving the housing stock for locals and “guest workers” alike.
  • Improve our Democracy – Collective responsibility for the Executive, pass Guernsey laws for Guernsey people. Introduce a select committee system for the States.
  • Stop the endless waste of money on consultants and so called experts. We have a fantastic pool of unused expertise here on the island.
  • Health – provide the best service for a population of 70,000 – buy in specialties.
  • Environment – St Peter Port is a world class town of beauty. The new urban plan must keep it so while allowing the town to develop.
  • Sewage and Waste Disposal – we must choose the safe and sensible options as well as the environmentally friendly ones.
  • Support the Finance industry against heavy handed regulation but Regenerate our Traditional Industries of Tourism, Fishing and Horticulture.
  • Nip the dependency culture in the bud. Give islanders back their dignity. The receipt of benefit must come with giving something back to the community.

hbw@yltd.co.uk
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Tue 27 Mar 2012, 3:06 pm

If I was an Islander ( Oh I wish ) I would be very attracted to this manifesto.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Tue 27 Mar 2012, 3:15 pm

I am taking note of how many of these would be deputies actually attend the parish meetings as this is where they would hear about any problems
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum