www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DOMAILLE; Roger

Go down

DOMAILLE; Roger Empty DOMAILLE; Roger

Post by GD Sat 17 Mar 2012, 3:51 pm

Manifesto to follow...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

DOMAILLE; Roger Empty Re: DOMAILLE; Roger

Post by GD Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:57 am

DOMAILLE; Roger Roger-Domaille-300x236I hope to be able to persuade you to vote for me as one of your Deputies for St Peter Port South. In case I do not get to meet you personally I have set out below a little about me, my core values and the approach I would adopt to deal with the challenging times facing Guernsey.

I am a 60 year old Guernsey man and have been happily married to Janine for over 35 years. I have lived in St Peter Port South for over 20 years and am putting myself forward for election for a second term.

In my first term I have worked hard for the Parish and the people of Guernsey. I have served as a Member of the Treasury and Resources Department and have been instrumental in improving financial management. It is now almost taken for granted that the States will remain within budget and public expenditure will not increase in real terms.

While I have been active in persuading the States to prioritise spending and improve efficiency, much remains to be done.

Social Issues and Policies - Government’s role should be to help and encourage everybody to fulfil their potential and, as far as possible, to be self sufficient. However, Government must recognise that some people require extra assistance and must be there to help those people in times of difficulty.

Our ageing population is a significant concern. More help and encouragement must be provided for people to safeguard themselves in their old age, not only through the tax system but also with better services and facilities.

Population – The present controls on population remain unsatisfactory and much work remains to be done in bringing in effective controls. Population issues such as the skills gap and age distribution, coupled with economic needs, social needs, provision of services etc. are all inextricably linked and complex. In principle, I do not believe that overall population levels should be allowed to rise.

Good Government - Good government requires a balanced, considered and inclusive approach. I believe in openness and transparency where all relevant information is collected and shared. Decisions must be made on the basis of fact, with all options considered and with proper consultation. Only in the rarest of circumstances can secrecy be justified. States Members must be fully accountable.

rogerdomaille@cwgsy.net
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down