www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORMAN, Neil Edward

Go down

FORMAN, Neil Edward Empty FORMAN, Neil Edward

Post by GD Sat 17 Mar 2012, 3:51 pm

Manifesto to follow...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

FORMAN, Neil Edward Empty Re: FORMAN, Neil Edward

Post by GD Mon 26 Mar 2012, 3:52 pm

FORMAN, Neil Edward Neil-Forman1-300x225I am a 41 year old born and bred Guernseyman. I live in Victoria Road with my wife Nicolette and my daughter Montana. I attended La Mare de Carteret primary and secondary schools.

I would be honoured to receive your vote for Deputy of St Peter Port South in the forthcoming election. In return I will do what ever I have to do to see that you are represented as you should be represented, If I am elected, I plan to hold a monthly meeting to discuss issues that are coming up and answer any questions you have. I would then like to put these issues to a vote to see which way you want me to use my vote, I am your representative therefore you decide how I vote.

There are a number of things I would like to change.

Government – I am a supporter of island wide voting, I think people should vote for whoever they like, I also feel candidates should stand in the district in which they live.

We need a more open Government, I would like to see the confidentiality clause removed from States employee’s contracts, there is too much hiding behind these clauses.

I would like to see the Civil Service tightened up and made value for money. The job for life culture needs to stop, if a person is not performing they should go through a disciplinary process and if necessary be removed. There should be no shifting sideways into another position to protect their pension.

Education - I am a supporter of the 11+, I do not consider it elitist. There will always be brighter children than others. These children progress faster than others and should be allowed to. We need to improve our high schools in the next four years, we have to make sure our children receive the very best education we can supply. They are the future of our island.

Benefits & pensions – The benefit system needs a massive overhaul. There are old age pensioners living in near poverty whilst people on benefits are wearing designer gear, going on holidays and have the latest technology. They also get free dental and medical care, this is wrong. The old age pensioners have the right to live their twilight years in comfort.

Employment – We need to tackle unemployment, with the fulfilment industry facing extinction we need to generate more local employment. I would like to see more done for Fred in a shed. There are self employed people shutting their small businesses and going onto benefits due to a lack of premises for them to work from. There are plenty of disused and decrepit vineries which have been left to rot by businessmen waiting for permission to develop. I would like to see these small businesses being allowed to operate from these sites as an interim fix, this will get people off benefits and clean up these eyesores.

In the next four years we need to curb our spending to a sustainable level.

neil.forman@aol.co.uk
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down