www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LANGLOIS; Allister Hurrell

Go down

LANGLOIS; Allister Hurrell Empty LANGLOIS; Allister Hurrell

Post by GD Sat 17 Mar 2012, 3:57 pm

Manifesto to follow...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

LANGLOIS; Allister Hurrell Empty Re: LANGLOIS; Allister Hurrell

Post by GD Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:56 am

Allister Langlois

LANGLOIS; Allister Hurrell Allister-Langlois-200x300Guernsey needs strong and decisive Government. In the States we must make things happen and keep out of areas where Government does not belong.

The next term of the States must focus on the economy and how to balance the books. I believe that this means running States services more efficiently and finishing the cost saving steps that have already been started. We cannot simply impose higher taxes.

I am asking for your vote so that I can continue my work with Treasury and Resources. This has included achieving restraint in public sector wages, developing modern computer systems and centralising services to reduce the number of people we need to employ.

With your vote and support I will continue to work tirelessly to maintain our strong economic position in a rapidly changing world.

Experience – four years of service as a Deputy and taking on senior jobs in challenging areas has been good preparation for further responsibilities

Expertise – success as Director of a business consultancy for over twenty years following an early career in higher education has developed the organisational skills needed for senior political office

Economic management – working at the centre of Treasury and Resources and Public Sector wages and pensions management has built a sound skills set for the economic management that Guernsey now needs.

Guernsey needs to balance the economy so we can build on past success. Our people have a right to expect a prudent approach to Government that provides good public services but protects our low tax environment.

Living within our means – Overall, Guernsey enjoys good public services while maintaining a low tax environment. We all want health, education, law and order, social security and other States services to continue and improve. But that cannot happen long term with our current budget deficit. Top priority for the new States team is to balance the budget through careful development of our taxation system and ongoing cost savings without damaging services. Nothing is more important for the Island and if we don’t get it right we cannot consider expensive new services.

07781 104741
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down