www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIHOY; Ivan Frederick

Go down

RIHOY; Ivan Frederick Empty RIHOY; Ivan Frederick

Post by GD Sat 17 Mar 2012, 5:08 pm

Manifesto to follow...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

RIHOY; Ivan Frederick Empty Re: RIHOY; Ivan Frederick

Post by GD Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:08 pm

RIHOY; Ivan Frederick Ivan-Rihoy1-195x300I am a Guernsey man married to Diana with two grown-up daughters. I became a people’s deputy for the first time in 1985 and I am the longest serving member of the States. I have gained a vast amount of experience and am acknowledged as ‘father of the house’.

Guernsey deserves a more effective government but there is too much prevarication. We’ve discussed our waste problem for eight years but still do not have a long-term waste strategy. Shipping to Jersey is delaying the ultimate conclusion. We should be self-sufficient.

The Zero 10 strategy, has created a £50m black hole. We need a comprehensive debate as the lower paid are suffering.

Planning laws need to be more workable. It should be easier to build granny wings to ease the burden on the housing market. We also need to allow the “Fred in the shed” small businesses to operate. It is still very difficult for young people to get on the housing ladder and more could be done for first-time buyers.

Island-wide voting would engender more interest in our government. Instead we have islanders disillusioned with those making decisions on their behalf that they have not elected.

It is crucial that we monitor how our money is spent. We must use local companies whenever possible as they pay tax here and do not require extra housing and we should be on a level playing field and compete with UK companies.

Thankfully, we are reviewing housing licences. We strive to give ourselves the best possible medical treatment and education and yet we force respected and committed professionals to leave the island and take their talents elsewhere.

If elected, I have the experience and ability to represent you with honesty and trust in a transparent and passionate manner. Please give me your vote.

07781 144481

ivanrihoy@cwgsy.net
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: