www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPRUCE; Anthony

Go down

SPRUCE; Anthony Empty SPRUCE; Anthony

Post by GD Sat 17 Mar 2012, 5:16 pm

Manifesto to follow..
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

SPRUCE; Anthony Empty Re: SPRUCE; Anthony

Post by GD Sat 17 Mar 2012, 6:34 pm

SPRUCE; Anthony Tony-Spruce1-200x300I have found the past four years interesting, challenging, and frustrating in more or less equal measure. Having said that I have committed myself fully to the role, many Island wide issues, and specifically done all I can to protect our Parish from over development, and the problems associated with the Mont Cuet landfill site.

Background

For those of you who may not know me, I am a 62 year old local man. I am married to Sue, a Vale girl. We have one married daughter and grand daughter who live locally, and a daughter who temporarily lives in Australia. I have lived in the north of the Island for over 40 years. I retired from business in April 2006 having spent my entire career working for Guernsey Gas, and its parent company International Energy Group. I held the position of Group Energy Director for the final eleven years of my career.

I was elected to the States of Deliberation in April 2008. I have recently been re elected for a second term as a Vale Douzenier. I am the volunteer Chairman of Floral Guernsey, a community based charity which aims to enhance the beauty of the island, and organise community based events throughout the year. I am actively involved as a Committee member of the Rotary Club of Guernsey. Detailed below is a resume of my States responsibilities, together with some of my views for the future.

I have come to realise that the role of government is far more complex and difficult than I had thought prior to being elected. I have found that government processes act against speedy decision making, but for all that I support our current system of consensus government. I believe that too much power should not be placed in the hands of the few.

This Assembly has worked hard over the past four years. Complex and difficult decisions have been taken and numerous important projects have been given the go ahead. A new States Strategic Plan has been approved. The Plan includes a set of policies and objectives designed to facilitate a joined up approach within government. There are now clearly laid out Fiscal and Economic, Social, and Environmental policy plans.

The recently approved, Population Management, Energy, and Strategic Land Use Plan, will all significantly improve government in the Island. More work has yet to be done on an Island Infrastructure Plan, and in the areas of Corporate Governance and Scrutiny. Re-election for a second term will enable me to play an active part in progressing the many issues that remain outstanding. It was disappointing that the proposals for Island Wide voting were not approved. I personally believe that all electors should be able to vote for the entire Assembly, not just 15% of the available positions.

tonyspruce@cwgsy.net
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum