www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alison Merrien win the Bowls World Cup final in Australia

3 posters

Go down

Alison Merrien win the Bowls World Cup final in Australia Empty Alison Merrien win the Bowls World Cup final in Australia

Post by GD Wed 04 Apr 2012, 6:05 pm

Guernsey's Alison Merrien has won the Bowls World Cup after beating New Zealand's world number one Jo Edwards 7-6 9-5 in the final in Australia.

The triumph was revenge for Merrien, who lost to Edwards in the 2011 final and the 2010 semi-final.

"I've played her quite a few times now and always been the bridesmaid, so it was nice to get one over her," Merrien told BBC Guernsey.

"It's a world championship so you can't get better than this, it's fantastic."

Merrien won all her group matches during the tournament in Warilla, before beating Australian champion Karen Murphy in the semi-final.

"I've been quite steady all week and it's come out quite nicely, and I managed to keep the form into the knockout stages," she added.

Merrien has won a medal in each of the five times she has entered the event. As well as winning it back in 2008, she also has one silver and two bronze medals.

The Bowls World Cup is her last major tournament before taking a five-month break from the sport over the summer of 2012.
(from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Alison Merrien win the Bowls World Cup final in Australia Empty Re: Alison Merrien win the Bowls World Cup final in Australia

Post by kingcolemk Wed 04 Apr 2012, 7:09 pm

Well done that gel !!! Alison Merrien win the Bowls World Cup final in Australia 102870

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Alison Merrien win the Bowls World Cup final in Australia Empty Re: Alison Merrien win the Bowls World Cup final in Australia

Post by Dell Thu 05 Apr 2012, 7:35 am

I think this is Ali's 8th World Bowls win! Awesome achievement and what a year.....Alison Merrien win the Bowls World Cup final in Australia 350628
Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down