www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abolition of justice.

5 posters

Go down

Abolition of justice. Empty Abolition of justice.

Post by Troy McClure Sat 14 Jun 2008, 6:10 pm

JEP link

THE Home Affairs Minister has... ...[authorised] the indefinite detention of suspects without charge.

On 5 June, Senator Wendy Kinnard amended the criminal code that had limited pre-charge detention to 36 hours...

What the hell!? This is outrageous, the Police can arrest and detain me without charge... forever!?

Well I take the opposite view, and confirm to Sen. Kinnard that she is very much free to go... please.

Seriously, our Ministers seem to have totally lost the plot lately, it's getting to the point that I'd consider standing, as even I think I could do a better job!!

"Vote McClure - Less shit than the rest"

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Abolition of justice. Empty Re: Abolition of justice.

Post by Pegasus Sun 15 Jun 2008, 3:51 pm

Troy McClure wrote:JEP link

THE Home Affairs Minister has... ...[authorised] the indefinite detention of suspects without charge.

On 5 June, Senator Wendy Kinnard amended the criminal code that had limited pre-charge detention to 36 hours...

What the hell!? This is outrageous, the Police can arrest and detain me without charge... forever!?

Well I take the opposite view, and confirm to Sen. Kinnard that she is very much free to go... please.

Seriously, our Ministers seem to have totally lost the plot lately, it's getting to the point that I'd consider standing, as even I think I could do a better job!!

"Vote McClure - Less shit than the rest"
I think that should the circumstances permit thath police should be able to hold a person, if they think that the person concerned could re-offend..
Pegasus
Pegasus

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by GD Sun 15 Jun 2008, 3:53 pm

[quote="Troy McClure"]JEP link

"

Well what do you expect you are a Jersey Man..lol
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy McClure Sun 15 Jun 2008, 11:31 pm

Pegasus wrote:...I think that should the circumstances permit thath police should be able to hold a person, if they think that the person concerned could re-offend..
Are you serious? You'd be happy to do away with courts and juries and judges and lawyers?

I wonder how you'd feel if it were you that the Police want to keep locked up?

Troy McClure

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Mon 16 Jun 2008, 12:34 am

Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Pegasus Mon 16 Jun 2008, 1:53 pm

Troy McClure wrote:
Pegasus wrote:...I think that should the circumstances permit thath police should be able to hold a person, if they think that the person concerned could re-offend..
Are you serious? You'd be happy to do away with courts and juries and judges and lawyers?

I wonder how you'd feel if it were you that the Police want to keep locked up?
But surley if that person was thought to re-offend or do a "bunk" then there should be some way of holding them. Would you be happy if that person was released then killed one of your relations?
Pegasus
Pegasus

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy McClure Mon 16 Jun 2008, 2:44 pm

Pegasus wrote:...But surley if that person was thought to re-offend or do a "bunk" then there should be some way of holding them...
I agree, it's called charging them, which puts them in front of a judge and gives them a chance at legal representation and means that at least some evidence must be produced.

Troy McClure

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyD Mon 16 Jun 2008, 5:27 pm

Spirit wrote:LINKEY

Good spot Spirit.

It appears that this is yet another case of Jersey wanting to announce to the world how they will stamp on all forms of criminality (probably due to Haute de la Garenne investigation) and ending up making a big hash of it!
MarkyD
MarkyD

Male
Number of posts : 1148
Job/hobbies : Professional Layabout
Humor : Manic - varying from dirty to clinically insane
Registration date : 2008-05-11

http://www.cwgsy.net/community/minimotoraceclub

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum