www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Condor ferries defends its new cost's

3 posters

Go down

Condor ferries defends its new cost's Empty Condor ferries defends its new cost's

Post by GD Sat 14 Apr 2012, 6:30 pm

Condor ferries has defended its pricing after the Kennel Club of Jersey complained the cost of travelling to the UK had more than doubled.

Kennel club members said clarification of regulations meant vehicles without rear windows were now classified as vans and private freight transport.

This caused a return ticket to increase in price from £192 to £500.

Jan Milner, from Condor, said the regulations had been clarified because of previous "mis-declaration".

'Vehicle confiscated'

President of the Kennel Club of Jersey, Stephen Edwards, said: "I normally go away to four or five shows a year - that's £2,5000 worth of travel which makes it completely inaccessible.

"Next year is our 125th year and we have a two-day show.

"We're hoping to get lots of exhibitors over from the UK and all of a sudden they've got to pay £500 to show one dog for three minutes, it's just not going to help us get people over."

Mr Milner said the company had not re-categorised vehicles, but had clarified regulations.

He said: "In the past it's been a slightly grey area where vehicles have travelled and been booked as cars and turned up as vans and we have been finding there's been a fair amount of mis-declaration.

"The risk to the customer and the risk to us is if the correct paperwork is not produced in the UK you could end up with your vehicle confiscated and the ferry company fined."
(from BBC)

Plus the Motocross clubs are experiencing the same extra costs for transporting bikes..
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Condor ferries defends its new cost's Empty Re: Condor ferries defends its new cost's

Post by Thistle Sat 14 Apr 2012, 6:48 pm

typical greed at condor ferries and we arent even getting a full service with weymouth being out of commission
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Condor ferries defends its new cost's Empty Re: Condor ferries defends its new cost's

Post by kingcolemk Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:39 pm

My boat fare has increased by £40 since last October. The biggest single increase in the 12 years I have been using the boat.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum