www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time for change in economy?

4 posters

Go down

Time for change in economy? Empty Time for change in economy?

Post by GD Sat 28 Apr 2012, 1:44 pm

The man in charge of Jersey's purse strings will next week be asked whether the island is too reliant on the finance industry.

The questions facing Senator Philip Ozouf come just days after more bad news for Jersey's banking sector.

First it was Guernsey's outgoing Treasury and Resources minister who flagged up the Channel Islands PR problem, the age-old issue of being labelled a tax haven.

Now his counterpart in Jersey is set to be grilled about that very issue. Senator Philip Ozouf will next week be asked in the States whether it's time to work harder on diversifying the economy.

There has been a run of bad news for the finance sector, most recently news that HSBC is axing 96 jobs in the islands.

And just this week Rupert Murdoch, on the eve of his appearance at the Leveson Inquiry, fired a shot across the bows of Jersey and Guernsey by directly flagging up the billions of pounds in the Channel Islands which he calls a 'tax racket'.

So does Jersey's Treasury minister agree it's time to think again? We'll find out in the States next week. (from CTV)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Time for change in economy? Empty Re: Time for change in economy?

Post by kingcolemk Tue 01 May 2012, 12:42 pm

Guernsey should be asking this same question.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Tue 01 May 2012, 1:55 pm

I agree - but why have they waited so long - they are resting on their laurels (Finance) which we were taught at school was not really clever!!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by boatyboy Sun 03 Feb 2013, 7:30 pm

This is probably not a read for a relaxing Sunday night, but never less, brings up some relative questions. How would you feel if the private business of selling diamonds, gold or double glazing put the Government into a worse financial position racking up massive depts, that the good working people of Guernsey through taxes ( often increased ) have to pay off. The point being that this private business selling is something that the Governments including the channel islands already can and should control / make without the help of banks.

It does seem puzzling ! but this article I discovered on a local blog explains it far better.

Quote:-

But the real treason currently being carried out on the British people by Her Majesty's Government involves the nation's money supply. The crippling debt burden that is currently shaping the fiscal policies and strategies of our nation has been arrived at by unlawful means. The so-called 'Deficit' and 'National Debt', which are causing increasing misery for law abiding families and businesses, not to mention putting at risk our nation's defences, only exist as a direct result of allowing the private banks to be involved in our nation's money supply.

http://therightofreply.blogspot.co.uk

BB.

boatyboy

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum