www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could festival damage have been prevented?

Go down

Could festival damage have been prevented? Empty Could festival damage have been prevented?

Post by GD Mon 16 Jun 2008, 7:24 pm

Guernsey Live's insurers are facing a substantial bill for the damage caused to the playing fields at Victoria Avenue.

Since Guernsey Live took place, no one's been able to use the field for sport because the ground is damaged.

Culture and Leisure Minister Mike O'Hara told Channel Online: "I think that they brought in this bespoke road system and clearly that collapsed and that was the major problem."

When organisers first talked about holding the festival at Victoria Avenue, the loudest complaints heard generally related to noise pollution or access to the site. But perhaps people should have been more worried about the water table. Organisers are now facing a ten to twenty thousand pound bill to clear it up.

Deputy O'Hara has spoken to the festival's organisers: "We've had a chat with them already. We have to say the chat really was confined initially to the problems here with the field but I think they are looking to try to do something next year. The date yet has to be organised and I think one of the major things that they'll be talking about will be funding." (from Cionline)

To be honest I am not suprised that this damage was caused, I could never understand why the put it on a site like this...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down