www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Young people have "nothing to live for"

2 posters

Go down

Young people have "nothing to live for" Empty Young people have "nothing to live for"

Post by GD Thu 02 Jan 2014, 9:42 pm

Three quarters of a million young people across the British Isles feel they have 'nothing to live for', according to a new survey by The Prince's Trust charity.

Their Youth Index 2014 finds that one in three jobless youngsters have contemplated suicide, and one in four have self-harmed.

The research reveals that long-term unemployed young people are more than twice as likely as their peers to have been prescribed anti-depressants. They tend to face symptoms of mental illness, including feelings of self-loathing and panic attacks as a direct result of unemployment.

Martina Milburn, chief executive of The Prince's Trust, said: "Unemployment is proven to cause devastating, long-lasting mental health problems among young people. Thousands wake up every day believing that life isn't worth living, after struggling for years in the dole queue."

The charity is now calling for greater support from government and employers to help young people build self-esteem and move into work.

This year, The Prince's Trust will support 58,000 disadvantaged young people across the British Isles, helping them turn their lives around. Three in four young people supported by The Prince's Trust move into work, education or training.
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Young people have "nothing to live for" Empty Re: Young people have "nothing to live for"

Post by kat Sat 04 Jan 2014, 8:48 am

Makes me mad this .. get off you butt and walk in the poverty world then count your blessing
Yws depression is terrible as i know many who suffer .but some want it all given to them on a plate .and are so bloody ungratful for everything the have
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down