www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airline offering value for money

5 posters

Go down

Airline offering value for money Empty Airline offering value for money

Post by GD Wed 02 Jul 2008, 2:42 pm

An independent survey has found 40% of people questioned found Guernsey's States-owned airline Aurigny offers good or very good value for money.
According to Island Analysis 14% thought Flybe offered the same service.
The survey, which has been commissioned by Aurigny for the past six years, looked at the opinions of the airline as well as Blue Islands and Flybe.
The survey, carried out in May, also looked at price, punctuality, in-flight service and check-in services.
According to the results Aurigny rated the best for cost with the majority of people saying they did not know how Blue Islands fared in this category or value for money.
Flybe's online check-in service received slightly more votes while 80% of those questioned thought it was important for Guernsey States to retain ownership of Aurigny. (from BBConline)

Do you think we get good Value?...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Airline offering value for money Empty Re: Airline offering value for money

Post by wayside Sun 06 Jul 2008, 12:10 am

I think that generally we do get good service and prices from Aurigny I also until recently had the same opinion of Flybe, but they have now gone down a route that gives you the impression of good prices but then you get all the extras.

The only area that I feel both airlines should look at are bookings within 7 Days of travel, they should offer late deals so as to attract more Tourists and not rip off the people who have to get urgent flights.
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mischas Mon 04 Aug 2008, 12:13 am

I am travelling to the Island in October for the second time this year. I will be travelling with Aurigny after having an extremely bad experience with Flybe in January.

Aurigny may be a little more expensive up front, but when you include the charges Flybe make for a cup of coffee on board, the "one bag" rule etc etc, then Aurigny comes out on top in my opinion.

Mischas

Female
Number of posts : 96
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Mon 04 Aug 2008, 7:27 am

The survey is garbage and is yet another attempt at bashing the competition. It also brings out the worst guerns who will say anything they think is supportive of the states.Lets see if the same guerns back the state ownership when we the other tax payers have yet another stealth tax to bail out an arrogant airline from the impact of the fuel crises and economic downturn.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyD Mon 04 Aug 2008, 8:10 am

To be honest, saying that ANY of our airlines offer good value for money is laughable when you consider what other airlines are able to offer (even from Jersey)

Having said that, if I were to choose an airline from the three which seemed to give a consistently high standard of service (based on my usage of all three), then I would have to say that Blue Islands beat the other two. Free lounge, complimentary drinks and snacks, paper etc. etc.
MarkyD
MarkyD

Male
Number of posts : 1148
Job/hobbies : Professional Layabout
Humor : Manic - varying from dirty to clinically insane
Registration date : 2008-05-11

http://www.cwgsy.net/community/minimotoraceclub

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Mon 04 Aug 2008, 7:40 pm

I agree.