www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pack of youths attack lone teenager

+7
Tashaax
kat
only-me
Digger
wayside
Pete Burtenshaw
GD
11 posters

Go down

Pack of youths attack lone teenager Empty Pack of youths attack lone teenager

Post by GD Sun 03 Aug 2008, 12:15 am

A pack of youths violently turned on a lone teenager as he was waiting for a lift home in Guernsey last night.

The 17-year-old was standing outside the Grande Rocques Kiosk at 11.15 when the 10- to 12-strong gang descended on him.

At first just one gang member began assaulting the boy, but three or four others quickly joined in. The victim suffered bruising and grazes. Police believe the assault was unprovoked and that the victim was punched and kicked.

There's an appeal for witnesses. Police would particularly like to hear from other members of the group who did not take part in the attack.(channeltv)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Pack of youths attack lone teenager Empty Re: Pack of youths attack lone teenager

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Sun 03 Aug 2008, 8:15 am

It would be interesting to see the ages of these teenagers. Were they on drugs or drunk and if so find out who supplied them and prosecute them. Equally, prosecute those who participated in this cowardly and totally unprovoked attack and jail those of sentencing age. Those who are not of a sentencing age the courts should not send them down to Deecaf to smoke cigarettes all day and pick up ore tips on breaking the law but make them serve a community sentence which will teach them a lesson they will never forget. Also, make them issue a very public apology to both the victim and his family for the shear horror this group of morons has put this lad and his family though. I personally would make the parents of these animals pay all associated costs......Screw liberalism lets live in the real world and show any other moron that those who behave like animals are caged likes animals and don’t deserve to be free to roam the streets.

A bit radical.......Try telling that to the young man these aniamals set upon last evening, my heart goes out to him.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Pack of youths attack lone teenager Empty Re: Pack of youths attack lone teenager

Post by wayside Sun 03 Aug 2008, 4:03 pm

Sounds about right to me
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Sun 03 Aug 2008, 5:31 pm

What a brave bunch ,if they catch them make them clean the cliff paths and beaches.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Sun 03 Aug 2008, 6:59 pm

'clean the paths and beaches'.........why not buy them icecreams or take them on a two day trip to Sark......c'mon Digger. Think of the poor kid and his family here.........screw those animals rights.......

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Sun 03 Aug 2008, 8:31 pm

Pete Burtenshaw wrote:'clean the paths and beaches'.........why not buy them icecreams or take them on a two day trip to Sark......c'mon Digger. Think of the poor kid and his family here.........screw those animals rights.......

What would you suggest Pete go round and beat the up so we are as bad as them . In a previous post you say cage them up , that's fine but from what i am told prison is like a holiday camp the only thing you don't have is your door key. That's why i suggested what i did . Another idea would be something like a boot camp where it is compulsory.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!

Back to top Go down

Post by only-me Sun 03 Aug 2008, 9:51 pm

I agree with Pete Burtenshaw - a couple of weeks ago it was a cat, now a teen minding his own business waiting for a lift - what next - an OAP?? It sickens me. We do have to bear in mind though that there are plenty of decent young people out there though (thank God)...

only-me

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Mon 04 Aug 2008, 7:38 am

Digger, Apologies if I offended you with regard my previous posts comments...... I agree with you about the prison it is a holiday camp and it seems is no deterrent but what deterrent is there. A boot camp would be a good idea but I fear the liberals would poo poo this idea.

And yes only-me there are many, many decent young people out there and one should be very careful that all of the youth are not tarnished with the same brush.

Last edited by Pete Burtenshaw on Mon 04 Aug 2008, 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spacing not right)

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Mon 04 Aug 2008, 2:48 pm

I agree with Digger give them a job
to so in their spare time
cleaning the many streams,painting over graffiti even clearing rubbish left around the island ,but give them work!! they have the energy so use it.
Putting then in a prison will only make them worse .for some a prison sentence is a kinda card for street cred...make them look big
so make them work off the crime ..
I have many many jobs trhey could do for some elderly folks i know!
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Mon 04 Aug 2008, 7:27 pm

Look this is Gsy and if u get street cred by being in prison over here then we have major problems with a section of our youth. The problem they do what they do and get away with it is because of liberals and liberal thinkers. Look at the mess the UK is in with out of control youth and this is down to liberals and goody goodies in comfortable slippers. Send them to prison id our prison makes them bigger criminals sack the liberal governor and soft sissy prison officers and install a proper regime who will sort these morons out.

I am not a great believer in vigilantism but if anyone ever hurt a member of my family and were not dealt with accordingly by the law then I would ensure justice would be done.

Last edited by Pete Burtenshaw on Mon 04 Aug 2008, 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spacing not right)

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tashaax Sat 31 Jan 2009, 9:23 am

How the hell is prison a holiday camp ? Clearly being locked up in a tiny room for hours on end and not having the freedom to roam around is not like a luxury holiday camp. And considering how often attacks like these happen in Scotland, England and other large countried, i'd say guernsey is lucky that it only happens once in a while. Just because somebody makes a mistake or has a lapse in judgement doesnt mean they should be taken away from their famillies and be locked up for god knows how long, how is that just. Do people actually know it was an unprovoked attack, if there were no witnesses, how do the police know that the boy who was attacked didnt provoke the gang who assaulted him? I think the assumption in here is ridiculous.

Tashaax

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by technophobe Sat 31 Jan 2009, 10:19 am

Don't get too bothered about what Pete Burtenshaw says, the man's an absolute idiot who seems to think he's capable of enforcing "justice" on anyone who may harm him or a member of his family. That seems strange as he's not exactly the most frightening of characters, I'd literally fall over laughing if he ever had a go at me. He's a little old man who is seriously deluded if he thinks he's capable of any action against people who are younger, bigger, stronger and fitter than him. He's a clown.

technophobe

Male
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sat 31 Jan 2009, 11:10 am

could you please refrain from personal attacks.everybody is entitled to their opinion
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Sat 31 Jan 2009, 2:24 pm

First of all, not many lone people will provoke a gang of 10 when on their own so I would assume that this was an attack, and even if there was a dissagreement between the lone person and 1 or 2 of the gang the rest should not have got involved.

No matter how old we are there are always ways of sorting out youths if we really want to, we dont have to fight fair, so to assume that an old person cannot get revenge if a gang attacked a member of their family is a bit nieve.

And I agree with Thistle, personal attacks on here are not welcome
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Sun 01 Feb 2009, 5:41 pm

Thistle wrote:could you please refrain from personal attacks.everybody is entitled to their opinion

Sound words Thistle. We do not need to get personal, every one has their own view and should be free to speak out as long as they are fair and reasonable and it is without fear or favour to anyone.
Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackal Wed 01 Apr 2009, 10:19 pm

Nothing new this was common place in St Peter Port 15yrs ago.

Everyone knew who "they" were but every time they went to court a slap on the wrist back out on the streets. Get your gang of druggie mates and beat up any witness that testified.

Repeat every weekend until finally convicted on drugs offences or grow up, but everyone gave up as witness to violence because no protection from the courts. The police were driven to despair.

The courts do not care if someone gets a hiding but pinch a loaf of bread and you are in more trouble, work that one out!

Last edited by Jackal on Wed 01 Apr 2009, 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jackal

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackal Wed 01 Apr 2009, 10:24 pm

technophobe wrote:Don't get too bothered about what Pete Burtenshaw says, the man's an absolute idiot who seems to think he's capable of enforcing "justice" on anyone who may harm him or a member of his family. That seems strange as he's not exactly the most frightening of characters, I'd literally fall over laughing if he ever had a go at me. He's a little old man who is seriously deluded if he thinks he's capable of any action against people who are younger, bigger, stronger and fitter than him. He's a clown.

Oooh your soooo big and stwong and tufff everyone must think you are ammaaazzing in the play ground, you rule the sandpit! :Luv 1:

Jackal

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down