www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Targeted by Customs just because I’m a lone blonde

+6
Anomiso
technophobe
plimmerton811
kiwis kitten
Thistle
GD
10 posters

Go down

Targeted by Customs just because I’m a lone blonde Empty Targeted by Customs just because I’m a lone blonde

Post by GD Thu 16 Apr 2009, 7:51 pm

Targeted by Customs just because I’m a lone blonde 0754522

A WOMAN claims she was targeted by Customs officers at the airport because she is blonde.
Suzy Self, 28 (pictured), said she was left distressed and infuriated after being stopped on her way back home following a two-day trip to England to see her boyfriend.
The hotel receptionist was bringing in 400 cigarettes, twice the limit, and handed them over.
But she objected to being singled out from a flight of 40 people and questioned whether it was just because of the colour of her hair.
She said she had been upset by some of the personal questions and claimed the female Customs attendant admitted she had been picked because she was young, blonde and travelling alone.
‘I’m not questioning the fact that I should only have brought 200 cigarettes to the island,’ said Miss Self. I am complaining about her treatment of me as a passenger and a human being. They were really personal questions,’ she said. ‘It wasn’t nice.’
Customs and Immigration Service chief officer Rob Prow said he was unable to comment on individual cases without a full investigation. However, he was sure that nobody would be stopped for the reasons Miss Self claimed. (from thisisguernsey)

I am sorry but if you commit a crime how can you moan about how the officers treat you... perhaps they should of offered her tea and biscuits...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Targeted by Customs just because I’m a lone blonde Empty Re: Targeted by Customs just because I’m a lone blonde

Post by Thistle Thu 16 Apr 2009, 7:55 pm

maybe customs should be looking out for drug smugglers and people trying to enter the island illegally instead of trying to catch peeps with an extra 200 ciggies.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Targeted by Customs just because I’m a lone blonde Empty Re: Targeted by Customs just because I’m a lone blonde

Post by kiwis kitten Thu 16 Apr 2009, 8:22 pm

oh boy...wonder if id get stopped too..me blonde lol...hmm now theres a thought..

i may get strip searched eh...... :kk friday:

did deep boyz......i've hidden it well Wink
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 16 Apr 2009, 8:36 pm

you would be so lucky .......lucky ..........lucky ...........lucky ........lol
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Fri 17 Apr 2009, 8:32 am

Thistle wrote:maybe customs should be looking out for drug smugglers and people trying to enter the island illegally instead of trying to catch peeps with an extra 200 ciggies.

What do you think they were doing? Obviously they caught a smuggler, albeit at the lower end of the scale. But they have to stop people and I have yet to see a drug smuggler with "drug smuggler" stamped to their fore head, however I have seen smugglers looking like family men, students and business men so some one tell me how can customs tell the difference. In this instance the only comment could be that she was perhaps mistreated but we only have one side of the story.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by technophobe Fri 17 Apr 2009, 11:32 am

This woman needs to get over herself, saying she's considering leaving the island because she was caught bringing in extra cigarettes!!

Goodbye would be my last word on the subject.

technophobe

Male
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Anomiso Fri 17 Apr 2009, 2:03 pm

This is how Blonde get to be protagonist in all the "funnies"
Anomiso
Anomiso

Female
Number of posts : 1968
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiny Fri 17 Apr 2009, 4:03 pm

I can`t see how this even made it into the news. As far as I can see its only custom`s doing their job so I can`t see the issue. Typical of the press in recent years that this sort of trash gets publicity

Tiny

Male
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by EDDIE Fri 17 Apr 2009, 7:11 pm

Tiny wrote:I can`t see how this even made it into the news. As far as I can see its only custom`s doing their job so I can`t see the issue. Typical of the press in recent years that this sort of trash gets publicity

Exactly, what a complete load of s##t, " i was picked on cos i was blonde "

Co-operate, be polite and move on dear ! they are doing their job. :x

Last edited by EDDIE on Fri 17 Apr 2009, 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
EDDIE
EDDIE

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 Fri 17 Apr 2009, 8:34 pm

Tiny wrote:I can`t see how this even made it into the news. As far as I can see its only custom`s doing their job so I can`t see the issue. Typical of the press in recent years that this sort of trash gets publicity
Exactly.What the GP considers newsworthy,at times,beggars belief
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Sat 18 Apr 2009, 2:35 pm

She didnt have the missing 26k on her then ?

Chok Dee Ja

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Sat 18 Apr 2009, 2:40 pm

[quote="plimmerton811What do you think they were doing? Obviously they caught a smuggler, albeit at the lower end of the scale. But they have to stop people and I have yet to see a drug smuggler with "drug smuggler" stamped to their fore head, however I have seen smugglers looking like family men, students and business men so some one tell me how can customs tell the difference. In this instance the only comment could be that she was perhaps mistreated but we only have one side of the story.[/quote]

What % do you think are caught when picked at random,i would think most are caught after guernsey customs have been tipped of by their uk counterparts?

Chok Dee Ja

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Sat 18 Apr 2009, 11:04 pm

I don't know %'s but I do know that a large amount are picked up through local knowledge for instance a known user travelling for a short period, literally in and out of the Island. Then there are the ones caught by trawling through passenger lists to see where they may have originated their journey. The random stop plays a big part because there is always the chance that you will be stopped. It is a good deterrant. Tip offs from the UK would more l;ikely be for bulk consignments.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down