www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK Customs is now targeting non-LVCR packets

2 posters

Go down

UK Customs is now targeting non-LVCR packets Empty UK Customs is now targeting non-LVCR packets

Post by GD Sat 07 Apr 2012, 11:21 am

UK CUSTOMS paperwork is holding up essential items needed by Guernsey/Jersey businesses, it has been revealed.

Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs has tightened procedures relating to a rule called the inward processing relief policy.

The added bureaucracy has left Guernsey retailers frustrated by the delays – some up to a month long – that they have suffered when trying to get items such as lenses and repaired vehicle parts returned.

HMRC’s change in policy over items sent to the UK for reasons such as repair or valuation has resulted in many goods being kept in a Heathrow warehouse until the paperwork is filled out.

(from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

UK Customs is now targeting non-LVCR packets Empty Re: UK Customs is now targeting non-LVCR packets

Post by jsymons Fri 13 Apr 2012, 11:34 am

IPR, or inward processing relief, is specifically for repair and return goods, however HMRC IS targeting goods that are being sent via normal post which would previously have been allowed through under LVCR, and I suspect that IPR goods are being stopped as well as part of a general tightening up of goods inwards procedures from the Channel Islands.
We are being targeted.....make no mistake about it.

jsymons

Male
Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : I own & run an Internet retailer, and am now running for Deputy
Humor : Going to need a good one I think!
Registration date : 2012-03-21

Back to top Go down