www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey will start to look like a pincushion’

+2
oneprettybiatch
GD
6 posters

Go down

Guernsey will start to look like a pincushion’ Empty Guernsey will start to look like a pincushion’

Post by GD Tue 26 Aug 2008, 7:44 pm

A PROPOSAL for a phone mast at St Saviour’s Reservoir has been met with opposition by environmentalists.
Wave Telecom has applied to install a two-panel antenna at Rue des Choffins, St Saviour’s, in the area surrounding the reservoir.
Jamie Hooper of La Societe Guernsesaise, and a local environmentalist said that although the risk to wildlife would be minimal, it would ruin the surroundings.
‘I’m presuming it will be on higher ground, which will be a blot on the landscape,’ he said.
‘I have seen the application list for these masts, which was extensive and it wasn’t possible for me to visit all the sites.
‘I think all islanders will share the same view that it’s disappointing that some level of sharing equipment could not be reached. Guernsey will start to look like a pincushion.
‘Each telephone company needs to ensure adequate coverage. But it’s the little Guernseyman against the big company and the outcome is normally inevitable.’ (from thisisguernsey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey will start to look like a pincushion’ Empty Re: Guernsey will start to look like a pincushion’

Post by oneprettybiatch Wed 27 Aug 2008, 6:10 pm

Every1 does complain about having these masts but it does annoy me when i don't have any signal!

oneprettybiatch

Female
Number of posts : 54
Humor : Hysterical! :P
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Guernsey will start to look like a pincushion’ Empty Re: Guernsey will start to look like a pincushion’

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Wed 27 Aug 2008, 7:50 pm

look at the health issues....would you let your child have a mobile??

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Wed 27 Aug 2008, 7:57 pm

Is it not true that the three companies will not share masts and that is why they need so many , so why can't the OUR make them or are they just a puppet for the big boys .
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gsyguy Thu 28 Aug 2008, 12:13 am

look at the health issues....would you let your child have a mobile??

ermm have a look around i think they all got one by the time they get to school age
gsyguy
gsyguy

Male
Number of posts : 214
Job/hobbies : wet/dry/black/sometime down rite rude bnut most of all FUNNY
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 28 Aug 2008, 6:03 pm

its like everything else in the island today money talks.the companies should be made to share masts.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by oneprettybiatch Mon 01 Sep 2008, 9:02 pm

No-one really cares about the health risks though, so it seems. They just "need" a phone to contact and be contacted 24/7.

oneprettybiatch

Female
Number of posts : 54
Humor : Hysterical! :P
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down