www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey United for FA Cup (go or be sacked)

2 posters

Go down

Guernsey United for FA Cup (go or be sacked) Empty Guernsey United for FA Cup (go or be sacked)

Post by GD Tue 16 Sep 2008, 12:58 pm

Guernsey could have its own football team playing in the world famous FA Cup by 2010.

A new club - Guernsey United - that will be coached by the current island management duo of Steve Ogier and Tony Vance has been formed with the aim of playing weekly football in the English non-league, semi-professional pyramid system.

Ambitious plans are for Guernsey United to play in the Kent League Premier Division and the FA Vase from the start of the 2009/10 season and the FA Cup from 2010/11 onwards.

Guernsey United has applied to affiliate to the Guernsey Football Association and discussions with the Kent League about playing in their Premier Division from the start of the 2009/10 season are ongoing.

Meetings have taken place with States of Guernsey Culture and Leisure with a view to Guernsey United playing its home fixtures at Footes Lane. (from CIonline)

Last edited by GD on Tue 23 Sep 2008, 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey United for FA Cup (go or be sacked) Empty Re: Guernsey United for FA Cup (go or be sacked)

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Thu 18 Sep 2008, 3:57 am

Local footy amazes me. Full of old farts, personalities, venomous attacks on each other, and some who think they are managing a world class team...........so what about the Island team will it still exist and represent the island in competitions??

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Guernsey United for FA Cup (go or be sacked) Empty Re: Guernsey United for FA Cup (go or be sacked)

Post by GD Tue 23 Sep 2008, 3:07 pm

AN UPSET Steve Ogier has revealed he was given an ultimatum: go or be sacked. Last week saw Ogier step down as island coach after it was announced that he was in place to manage the new Guernsey United side.

At the time he released only a brief statement with regards to his decision, but he has now opted to reveal his true feelings on the matter. It is understood that the clubs had forced Guernsey Football Association chairman Mark Le Tissier’s hand over the matter at a meeting between them and the GFA the previous day.

Both Ogier and Le Tissier declined to comment whether this was the case, but the man who oversaw the Guernsey side for five years made it clear that he had not fallen out with Le Tissier.

‘I was given an ultimatum and I only resigned out of the respect I’ve got for [GFA chairman] Mark Le Tissier as a colleague and a friend,’ said Ogier.

‘I’ve been asked to step down for something that potentially could happen but hasn’t happened yet. Nothing is concrete and they’ve gone and asked me to leave. I’m annoyed because I didn’t want to step down.’
(from thisisguernsey)

Seems so wrong to get rid of somebody so capable...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down