www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise in number of complaints against police

3 posters

Go down

Rise in number of complaints against police Empty Rise in number of complaints against police

Post by GD Thu 23 Oct 2008, 6:37 pm

Rise in number of complaints against police 0159999_cropped.thumbnailCOMPLAINTS against the States of Jersey Police have increased, according to figures released this week.
The Jersey Police Complaints Authority states in its 2007 report that 36 complaints were received against officers, including their alleged use of excessive force, harassment or threatening behaviour and the use of CS spray.
At the start of this year, eight of the 36 complaints had been withdrawn, two were unsubstantiated, two were partly unsubstantiated and 20 were still being investigated, although the authority states that a number of these investigations have now been completed.
Fifteen of the complaints fell in the ‘other’ category, which includes complaints such as wrongful arrest or claims that the police breached their code of practice (from thisisjersey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Rise in number of complaints against police Empty Re: Rise in number of complaints against police

Post by Simple Me Sun 26 Oct 2008, 3:11 pm

The trouble with this Island is there is Two police force's, which don't realy work together, This Island need to sort its Police policy out once and for all, and bring the Island into the real life

Simple Me

Male
Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Rise in number of complaints against police Empty Re: Rise in number of complaints against police

Post by st_ouennais Mon 27 Oct 2008, 8:05 pm

Technically each parish has its own honorary police force. Add the paid police, and you have 13 forces.

st_ouennais

Male
Number of posts : 114
Job/hobbies : Global environmental concern
Humor : Not today
Registration date : 2008-06-23

http://st-ouennais.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple Me Mon 27 Oct 2008, 8:43 pm

13 forces, no wonder law inforcement in the Island is such a mess

Simple Me

Male
Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down