www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Churches cross over chocolate Jesus

+3
kiwis kitten
Thistle
GD
7 posters

Go down

Churches cross over chocolate Jesus Empty Churches cross over chocolate Jesus

Post by GD Thu 27 Nov 2008, 7:51 pm

Churches cross over chocolate Jesus Jesus_175x125
Jesus: should not be chocolatey
Germany's churches criticised a businessman on Tuesday for selling thousands of Jesus chocolates.

Frank Oynhausen set up his 'Sweet Lord' chocolate Jesus-making business saying he wanted to restore some traditional religious values to Christmas in Germany.

But the German Protestant Church criticised the idea as 'tasteless' and the Roman Catholic Church was not amused.

'I started thinking about how I could reintroduce traditional religious values into this commercial world,' said Oynhausen, who had been unemployed since losing a recycling business two years ago.

Together with a friend, a local chocolatier, Oynhausen, 54, developed the concept of 'Sweet Lord'.

It is terrible that Jesus is being wrapped up in gold foil and sold

It is growing fast in his home town of Duisburg and on the internet, at www.goldjesus.com.

Oynhausen said thousands of people have put in orders for the figures wrapped in gold foil. But church associations expressed dismay.

'It is terrible that Jesus is being wrapped up in gold foil and sold along with chocolate bunnies, edible penguins and lollipops,' said Aegidius Engel, a spokesman for the archbishopric of nearby Paderborn.

'This is ruining the symbol of Jesus himself,' he added.

Oynhausen is now custom-producing the chocolate Jesus figures, at a cost of 15 euros for 100 grams, but by Easter he hopes to have a partnership with a mass producer.

'We're hoping to be able to export them around the world one day,' Oynhausen said. He reckons there are parts of the United States where they will be especially popular.

In 2007, a life-size chocolate sculpture of a naked Jesus - similarly named My Sweet Lord - caused an outcry from Roman Catholics when an art gallery in New York wanted to exhibit it in a window.
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Churches cross over chocolate Jesus Empty Re: Churches cross over chocolate Jesus

Post by Thistle Thu 27 Nov 2008, 7:55 pm

what a load of piffle.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Churches cross over chocolate Jesus Empty Re: Churches cross over chocolate Jesus

Post by kiwis kitten Thu 27 Nov 2008, 9:19 pm

i agree......how petty !!!
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Fri 28 Nov 2008, 6:49 am

What a fantastic marketing extravaganza. Look at the millions of Santa and Easter bunny chocolate figures sold every year to parents, teenagers and children...If I were a born again preacher I would be sitting there foaming at the mouth at the potential intake of children and teenagers they would trap using this chocolate Jesus instead of spending thousands of pounds and hours pounding the beat on the bridge and other places brainwashing alleged wayward children and teenagers so they can get them into their church now all they need to do is wave a chocolate Jesus in front of their troubles faces and the cash will flow in......Talk about heavenly marketing…………God most certainly works in mysterious ways!!!!!

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Fri 28 Nov 2008, 10:53 am

The general Public will and should determine if this is a good or bad idea by buying or not as the case may be.

many of the religious eat the body of christ at communion weekly so doing so as chocolate does not seem a problem and if its creating jobs then I cant see a problem.
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy McClure Fri 28 Nov 2008, 1:30 pm

wayside wrote:The general Public will and should determine if this is a good or bad idea by buying or not as the case may be....
I think it should be left to Jesus to decide; If he has a problem with it he should take that problem up with the German chocolate maker, and if He doesn't have any problem then the Church should pipe down.

Of course the problem with this is that Jesus isn't real, and the religious zealots enjoy being outraged by anything and everything, sad fools.

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Fri 28 Nov 2008, 6:10 pm

Troy McClure, one can deduce from your post that you may be a little (just a little) anti The Man?

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy McClure Fri 28 Nov 2008, 6:15 pm

Pete Burtenshaw wrote:Troy McClure, one can deduce from your post that you may be a little (just a little) anti The Man?
Nar, I think Jesus 'The Man' was my kinda guy (even if he was a bit nuts), but the bastardised image that those that claim to be his followers portray, and the twisted, evil, bigoted way in which they force their beliefs on others as if it was some higher power's wishes I do have a problem with.

Troy McClure

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Fri 28 Nov 2008, 6:29 pm

I think we have found some commoin ground at last.I actually find myself agreeing with your post..........Jeeeeeez, I must be going soft.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy McClure Fri 28 Nov 2008, 6:54 pm

Pete Burtenshaw wrote:I think we have found some commoin ground at last.I actually find myself agreeing with your post..........Jeeeeeez, I must be going soft.
No, you've just seen the light.

Now go forth and preach the sermons of Troy.

I'll get round to writing my 'Book', but essentially they like Christianity... but liberal, and without the hate and bile... and lunacy.... Oh, I guess I'm gonna have to get to work on that book aren't I?

Troy McClure

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Fri 28 Nov 2008, 7:46 pm

I am not worthy............

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Sun 30 Nov 2008, 8:46 am

Pete Burtenshaw wrote:I am not worthy............

Truer words hath never been spoken Arrow

Chok Dee Ja

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down