www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why did jesus call himself son of man

5 posters

Go down

why did jesus call himself son of man Empty why did jesus call himself son of man

Post by zaina Sun 20 Dec 2009, 2:48 pm

I would love to hear any ones views on why Jesus called himself the 'Son of Man ',

The answer to this I do not know ,but have looked for .
I am not religious for reasons previouly stated in past posts ,but do have a belief in the teaching of Jesus .

I will reserve my thought's on any possibility of what I think it might mean .to see what the response is first .
I rather see where your coming from first ..

but I am sure there is some people here that may have asked the same question before..
zaina
zaina

Female
Number of posts : 252
Humor : Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

why did jesus call himself son of man Empty Re: why did jesus call himself son of man

Post by karma Sun 20 Dec 2009, 3:18 pm

Zaina - how do we know he called himself that (if he existed that is) IMHO the Bible and scriptures are hand me down stories which probably ended up like Chinese Whispers (did you play that when you were young) by the time somebody actually wrote them down, they would bear no resemblance to what was actually said/done!! From what I've read the words simply mean human!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

why did jesus call himself son of man Empty Re: why did jesus call himself son of man

Post by zaina Sun 20 Dec 2009, 3:31 pm

Yes you rright karma ,exactly ..If I am right the oldest book of the new testament was written 90 after jesus .and then there is the council of nicea around 300 ad [approx]that they put in and took out what suited ,leaving the book of enoch ,possibly the most important part ..and many others
we don't know whats true and what is not anymore .look at zeitgeist and that opens another whole new perspective altogether ..
I believe there is truths and non truths in the bible a mixture ..being that the god was made to look like a power hungry monster ..but the teaching of jesus hold alot of truth ,and open to debate ..and as its christmas [not the birth of christs date ]I thought it would be nice to post this .I love to here the views of other on this subject as thats how you learn ..for me any way
zaina
zaina

Female
Humor : Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Sun 20 Dec 2009, 8:27 pm

I would say that there was a person who was charismatic, a leader who was different to those around him. I would then say that I agree with Karma in that the stories have been embellished from one person to another to the extent that we do not know the truth. Did he walk on water or was he walking on a sandbank that was awash with an inch of water, was there 5000 people at the sermon or was there a load of people that once the story was told ten times it became 5000. For me it is a fantastic story that has it's beginnings in truth and is nice to believe.

Isn't it odd though that (to my knowledge) all major religions have one God. It is a shame that we can't agree who he is, it would save a load of blood shed, also is the Christian God any better than the Islamic God?

As for the Son of Man, that leads me to believe that someone somewhere wanted to promote Jesus as everybodies friend because he had no biological father and is in some circles the son of god. But in those times there were many gods and the Christian one was in the minority. So isn't it clever to distance oneself from any one god and say I am/he is the son of man which encompasses everyone of any religion. Just a thought.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Deebay Sun 20 Dec 2009, 9:24 pm

Could also be something lost in translation. Maybe something like "the product of mankind" or something philosophical. I'm just guessing here. Imagine if no-one knew what the French call potatoes. It would be confusing as hell when someone said they were going to eat some apples of the earth.

Deebay

Female
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by zaina Sun 20 Dec 2009, 9:45 pm

Yes I do believe a mis translation has taken place and is being published in different place ,but I dont think it will be corrected in the bible when it controll the mases with the fear of hell fire ..which is a mis place word for grave ...sheol. hades[ jehannan dumping ground in israel where thye all put thee rubbish].
As for the apple story .after Adam and Eve ate[ which means man and wo=man] funny how the serpent convinced them to eat it and they got knowledge ,to say he was a so called devil .would it be better that we never got knowledge and stayed animal like ?

Last edited by zaina on Mon 21 Dec 2009, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
zaina
zaina

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Sun 20 Dec 2009, 10:58 pm

But isn't eating the apple an excuse. If the world was created perfect those that formed a religion had to have a reason why humans are the worst race on earth and their god could not possibly have created such an animal hence along comes the naughty serpentr, problem solved..

plimmerton811

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zaina Sun 20 Dec 2009, 11:33 pm

plimmerton don't misunderstand me .I really find the bible a mystery and many things in its contents have been debunked many times
the Adam and Eve story holds the keys to the mysterys of so call sin ..who invented the serpent in the first place ...
I don't follow any teachings from the bible at all and prefer zacharia stitchens version ...
the actual red letters listings of the words of jesus spoken i believe hold alot of truths ..but the reason he called him self son of man is a hidden message maybe ..
my belief in why we are are changes as i grow

Last edited by zaina on Tue 22 Dec 2009, 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
zaina
zaina

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Mon 21 Dec 2009, 5:19 am

zaina wrote:plimmerton don't misunderstand me .I really find the bible a mystery and many things in its contents have been debunked many times
the Adam and Eve story holds the keys to the mysterys of so call sin ..who invented the serpent in the first place ...
I don't follow any teachings from the bible at all and prefer zacharia stitchens version ...
the actual red letters listings of the words of jesus spoken i believe hold alot of truths ..but the reason he called him self son of man is a hidden message maybe ..

You are talking as if the Adam and Eve story is true. How about we evolved from micro organisms and "sin" has always been there, it didn't just occur because a serpent popped by. That is a version put forward by man to justify man's behaviour.

plimmerton811

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KiwiG Mon 21 Dec 2009, 8:16 pm

Zaina

Have a look at Daniel 7:13-14, any Bible version
KiwiG
KiwiG

Male
Number of posts : 806
Humor : I think............if I don't thwim!!
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by zaina Mon 21 Dec 2009, 8:24 pm

Thanks kiwi ,i will
zaina
zaina

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down