www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘Close La Mare and save St Andrew’s

2 posters

Go down

‘Close La Mare and save St Andrew’s Empty ‘Close La Mare and save St Andrew’s

Post by GD Tue 13 Jan 2009, 7:55 am

LA MARE DE CARTERET Primary School should be targeted for closure instead of St Andrew’s, according to Treasury minister Charles Parkinson.

Redevelopment costs at La Mare, which a year ago became the first of the three threatened schools to be reprieved by Education, are forecast to be £15m. to £20m., potentially more than bringing St Andrew’s up to standard, according to Deputy Parkinson - and its closure would make it easier to develop the secondary school.

It is believed he has some support on the Policy Council.

But the idea was dismissed by Education minister Carol Steere, who is in a minority on her board in wanting to close St Andrew’s.

Deputy Parkinson said that costs per pupil at St Andrew’s were lower than at Vale, Amherst and La Mare de Carteret and not significantly above average.

‘St Sampson’s Infants is clearly the most costly to run by a distance so you can see why it’s in the firing line, apart from the fact it’s the only standalone infants’. Put those together and Education has a strong case for closing it. But the case for St Andrew’s is far from clear.’ (from thisisguernsey)

Sounds like another case of "Support my Parish" and don't look at the real situation...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

‘Close La Mare and save St Andrew’s Empty Re: ‘Close La Mare and save St Andrew’s

Post by Guernseyguy07 Thu 05 Feb 2009, 4:53 pm

Why Close La Mare!
The Staff @ La Mare are Gr8 i did study there when i was younger and i loved every minute of it.
I DONT WANT LMDC PRIMARY 2 CLOSE
Guernseyguy07
Guernseyguy07

Male
Number of posts : 53
Job/hobbies : Computers,MSN,Skype,Facebook anything
Humor : Wats Humor
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down