www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Senator Syvret Investigated

4 posters

Go down

Senator Syvret Investigated Empty Senator Syvret Investigated

Post by GD Tue 03 Feb 2009, 9:18 pm

Senator Stuart Syvret's being investigated for publishing secret material on his blog.

Jersey's Privileges and Proceedures Committee is deciding what action should be taken after the senator wrote about an in camera State's debate.

It included a statement about the suspension of the island's police chief Graham Power.

But Senator Syvret told the house he has no regrets and the information was in the public interest.
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Senator Syvret Investigated Empty Re: Senator Syvret Investigated

Post by Troy McClure Wed 04 Feb 2009, 12:25 pm

I think it's time Syvret stepped down as a States Member.

I wouldn't trust him to deal with sensitive information, and I'm sure that many decent fellow States Members of his feel the same, and they can't trust him they can't work with him; he'll get excluded and then cry conspiracy when there is none, at least none that he hasn't helped create.

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Senator Syvret Investigated Empty trusting Senator Syvret

Post by st_ouennais Wed 04 Feb 2009, 1:15 pm

Troy McClure wrote:I think it's time Syvret stepped down as a States Member.

I wouldn't trust him to deal with sensitive information, and I'm sure that many decent fellow States Members of his feel the same, and they can't trust him they can't work with him; he'll get excluded and then cry conspiracy when there is none, at least none that he hasn't helped create.

That's at the heart of the matter. Senator Syvret has been trusted with personal and sensitive information by many victims and survivors of child abuse. He has not breached that trust. However there is a difference between sensitive (personal) information and just awkward or politically embarrassing information. Senator Syvret tends to publish stuff that possibly ought to be in the public domain, or at least covered by a defence of public interest, even if it is in breach of the rules.

st_ouennais

Male
Number of posts : 114
Job/hobbies : Global environmental concern
Humor : Not today
Registration date : 2008-06-23

http://st-ouennais.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shafted Wed 04 Feb 2009, 8:18 pm

Troy McLure are you one of JTM's disguises?

Only Senator Syvret has had the courage against all odds to stand up to the establishment in Jersey. And as the past few days have shown, has been totally vindicated, hell even the the JEP is in agreement.

Look at his record, Simon Bellwood and the resulting Upex report, Greenfields and the Howard League Report and even, although in a somewhat sanitised form, the Williamson report, which indicated management failures in that staff were afraid to report concerns.

For many people in Jersey he is our only hope and only by his dogged search for the truth is there any likelihood of change here.

shafted

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by shafted Thu 05 Feb 2009, 10:25 pm

Troy McLure, suggest you look at Stuart Syvret's latest blog to see the shameful activities of that allegedly upstanding citizen, none other than the Bailiff of Jersey, who seems to have orchestrated this whole farrago.

So who do you now think has the integrity and can be trusted?

I know where my vote would go (oh forgot couldn't vote for the Bailiff anyway!)

shafted

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy McClure Fri 06 Feb 2009, 12:28 pm

shafted wrote:...So who do you now think has the integrity and can be trusted?...
It's not a case of what I think of the Bailiff, personally I don't think he should be in office, but that's not the argument here; it's a case of Sen. Syvret disclosing secret information. What happens now when next the States want to hold an in camera session; they can't trust him, so do they ask him to step outside and take no part in the debate? If he feels the information is in the public interest then take appropriate action through the correct channels, the correct channels are rarely on an internet blog.

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down