www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death threats investigated

Go down

Death threats investigated Empty Death threats investigated

Post by GD Tue 03 May 2011, 5:13 pm

Senator Freddie Cohen has been the subject of death threats in recent days, which are currently under investigation by the police.

The revelation was made in today's States sitting.

Treasury Minister, Senator Philip Ozouf, told States members Senator Cohen had received numerous threatening phone calls recently in relation to some controversial planning decisions.

Senator Ozouf said: "Not everybody is going to agree with a Minister's decision. Some decisions were made by previous committees including me, and a planning panel.

"It's unacceptable that he should be targeted like this and he should be given the protection that is celarly now underway and I've certainly said on behalf of the council of ministers that we have full confidence in the planning minister, difficult job, but he's done a great deal in recent years and I hope he continues."

One of the most controversial decisions to have sparked controversy is the decision to allow development at Portelet.

Senator Ozouf accused the media of having shown photos that misrepresented the development, and urged the public to await its completion before making a final decision. (from CTV)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down