www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stamps "Sorry I cannot sell you any"

+4
Dell
Digger
wayside
GD
8 posters

Go down

Stamps  "Sorry I cannot sell you any" Empty Stamps "Sorry I cannot sell you any"

Post by GD Tue 17 Mar 2009, 9:36 am

The secretary from our company went into the post office today to buy some self-adhesive stamp booklets (100 pk) and was told sorry I cannot sell you any, she could buy the "Lick-on" type,(these are priced), our secretary said why? the cashier at the desk said she was only allowed to sell one pack of 10 to each customer,

Our secretary then returned to the works and phoned the post office customer services, they said that is was post office policy to stop selling 100 pks three weeks before any price rise, the reason behind this decision is that the post office would loose revenue if they sold these books,

Oh dear times must be hard....
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Stamps  "Sorry I cannot sell you any" Empty Re: Stamps "Sorry I cannot sell you any"

Post by wayside Tue 17 Mar 2009, 11:50 am

I bought 100 stamps less than a week before a price rise last year.

I can usderstand the reason but it does seem a bit petty

maybe as a protest the whole island should stop buying stamps or sending post for 3 weeks after their price rise and see if they like that.
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Stamps  "Sorry I cannot sell you any" Empty Re: Stamps "Sorry I cannot sell you any"

Post by Digger Tue 17 Mar 2009, 7:42 pm

This is just plain ridiculous , i know times are tough but a bit petty , what about banks and alike they must use thousand a week....... the bank runner will be busy getting a few at a time :)
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Wed 08 Apr 2009, 10:07 pm

Farcical!!! Stamps  "Sorry I cannot sell you any" Hahaha-024

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Wed 08 Apr 2009, 10:42 pm

Jobsworths at the ready LOL

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by technophobe Thu 09 Apr 2009, 9:14 am

Digger wrote:This is just plain ridiculous , i know times are tough but a bit petty , what about banks and alike they must use thousand a week....... the bank runner will be busy getting a few at a time :)

I think you'll find they use franking machines

technophobe

Male
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Zac Thu 09 Apr 2009, 9:23 am

How much does the "hidden" cost of employing a highly paid Regulator add to the cost of postage?

Zac

Male
Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Thu 09 Apr 2009, 9:58 am

I think to save money and give folks an extra bonus at Christmas time the sghould have a special franking machine that will just frank your cards and then they can tell you how much
it is so much more cost effective that having hundreds of stamps to put on cards and i am sure it will be a much better idea than bying hundreds of stamps to lick and stick
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Thu 09 Apr 2009, 10:10 am

We get around that one Kat - instead of making the Post Office and card firms rich by paying their 'silly' prices -We make a donation to a charity - friends appreciate this and quite a lot of them do the same!!!! with people overseas we take advantage of the cheap rates that are offered at Christmas and phone up for a chat....much nicer than a card :Grouph1l:

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Zac Thu 09 Apr 2009, 10:50 am

Cost of postage works like cost of air/sea travel from Guernsey. Last Christmas we reduced the number of cards posted from about 180 to 45 because of postage costs. When air/ferry travel is reasonably priced we travel, with current pricing, we stay at home. Bums on seats/Stamps on envelopes! If they want our business in these hard times, make prices affordable.

Zac

Male
Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by technophobe Thu 09 Apr 2009, 11:21 am

One can only conclude that "they" don't care in the slightest about your business, otherwise prices wouldn't continue to rise each year.

technophobe

Male
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down