www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

170-home vision for the Bridge revealed

+3
bug1
7 posters

Go down

170-home vision for the Bridge revealed Empty 170-home vision for the Bridge revealed

Post by GD Fri 10 Apr 2009, 2:43 pm

By Juliet Pouteaux
170-home vision for the Bridge revealed 0753881

Is this how the Bridge could look? Plans submitted by the Co-op for the redevelopment of Leale’s Yard include 14,450 square metres of retail space on the site.

PLANS to transform the Bridge moved a step closer as the Co-op submitted its ideas for a £100m. redevelopment of Leale’s Yard.
The vision includes provision for 170 new homes, 815 parking spaces and 14,450 square metres of retail space on the Bridge site.
A separate application for Lowlands Road includes the option for 11 or seven houses and nine apartments.
Channel Islands Co-operative Society chief executive, Jim Hopley, said the development would be one of the largest undertaken in Guernsey.
‘It has taken a long time to come together, and it is still subject to consultation.’
But the Co-op and Leale’s Yard Limited, who jointly put forward the planning enquiry, said they would not start work on the larger part of the scheme until the economic situation improves.
‘At this particular time, with the credit crunch, it would be difficult,’ said Mr Hopley. ‘It would also be difficult to find tenants.’
Mr Hopley said he hoped construction could start within 18 months, but it was too early to say at this stage. (from thisisguernsey)

Big project.. will it ever happen?
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

170-home vision for the Bridge revealed Empty Re: 170-home vision for the Bridge revealed

Post by karma Fri 10 Apr 2009, 2:59 pm

I guess it will eventually, and probably end up holding hands with Longport's massacre of Belle Greve Bay somewhere around the Halfway - mission accomplished!!!!! Why has everything got to be so 'glassy' for want of another word and so large and overbearing????

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

170-home vision for the Bridge revealed Empty Re: 170-home vision for the Bridge revealed

Post by bug1 Fri 10 Apr 2009, 3:06 pm

I agree Karma.the overuse of glass in slab-like towers seems to be the architectral "norm" at the moment.
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Fri 10 Apr 2009, 4:34 pm

As long as the parking is not delibratly positioned that its far away from the existing bridge, the project will be good for the area,

But it would be easy for them to kill the Bridge which is already not too healthy at the moment by having car park exits at the far end of the project, as we will be probably loosing some of the existing parking.
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Fri 10 Apr 2009, 7:25 pm

Can't quite visulize where this would be. Is there a plan anywhere ?

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Fri 10 Apr 2009, 8:16 pm

Its the old Leals yard which is behind the main Bridge shops and goes all the way to Lowlands road, its a huge site.
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Fri 10 Apr 2009, 8:57 pm

So, it will get permission as it it clearly not incongruous with the surroundings!!

I believe that is the term that is used whenever 'ordinary joe's' like us want to put a shed up or add a dormer window to utilise the loft space in our homes!!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese........... is this a 'wind up'? 170-home vision for the Bridge revealed Surprised-019
Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Fri 10 Apr 2009, 10:33 pm

Dell - it is not a 'wind up' it is a 'money spinner' (notice that they (the co-op) say it is not the right time to get tenants) so they will not do it until they they can get huge rents......and as for incongruous letters the walls in my house are decorated with them .... but then I am not in the same league......and that my friend is why I am selling up and leaving......

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by tanky Sat 11 Apr 2009, 12:47 am

bye then.... :nails 1:

I just wish they would stop fannying around and get on with it... Sod the economic climate, now's the time to be doing something like this if one can afford it. People want work so cheap build labour is there to be had if one looks in the right places, companies wanting to sell materials would appreciate the business, people here would like 170 extra homes to choose from, and they will sell, lots of opportunities for the unemployed, sounds good to me bring it on!

In times like these it's those with the balls that come out on top, buy for a £ and sell for two. Bring it on, embrace it. Leales yard is a s1t hole, it's about time that it was put to good use.

Would be nice however to see some industrial units come out of the project too though, maybe not in the same area (it would be a sh1t hole again) but elsewhere in the island and affordable to the tradesman entrepreneur, unlike the extortionate warehouses/workshops that we see available now around the island that only a fool or those with more money then business sense would pay rent for!

tanky

Male
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down