www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning: Twitter Hit By StalkDaily Worm

5 posters

Go down

Warning: Twitter Hit By StalkDaily Worm Empty Warning: Twitter Hit By StalkDaily Worm

Post by GD Sun 12 Apr 2009, 1:57 pm

A bad week for Twitter just got even worse. The service has apparently been infected by a worm originating from the owners of the website StalkDaily (Note: Do not visit this website, as it may cause your computer to become infected). At this point details are scant, but it appears that visiting the Twitter profile page of an infected user can lead your profile to become infected as well (some reports say that the worm modifies your ‘About Me’ section to include a link to the worm). Infected users begin to repeatedly spam tweets directing users to the StalkDaily website.
The attack appears to have originated early this morning, when a handfulWarning: Twitter Hit By StalkDaily Worm T of blog posts popped up detailing the worm. However, it is only now hitting critical mass, with hundreds of related Tweets appearing on Twitter Search in the last few minutes alone. Twitter’s official Spam watchingWarning: Twitter Hit By StalkDaily Worm T account updated this morning stating that the company was aware of the issue but that it had been mostly resolved, and just issued another update stating that it was aware of the worm’s resurgence this afternoon.
To stay on the safe side, it would probably be wise to stick with a third party Twitter client and avoiding viewing profile pages until the company confirms that the issue is resolved.
Some early comments are indicating this is an XSS attack on Twitter. Others note that the attack may have started after one of Twitter’s many third party applications took the login credentials entered by Twitter users and hijacking their accounts.
Update 9 PM PST: Twitter has posted the following update to its status pageWarning: Twitter Hit By StalkDaily Worm T stating that the issue has been fixed:

Update on StalkDaily.com Worm 36 minutes ago
Earlier today we were informed of a malicious site that was spreading links to StalkDaily.com on Twitter without user consent via a cross-site scripting vulnerability. We’ve taken steps to remove the offending updates, and to close the holes that allowed this “worm” to spread.
No passwords, phone numbers, or other sensitive information were compromised as part of this attack.

Be Careful......
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Warning: Twitter Hit By StalkDaily Worm Empty Re: Warning: Twitter Hit By StalkDaily Worm

Post by Dell Sun 12 Apr 2009, 2:01 pm

The worm that turned?
Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Warning: Twitter Hit By StalkDaily Worm Empty Re: Warning: Twitter Hit By StalkDaily Worm

Post by karma Sun 12 Apr 2009, 2:27 pm

WWIII - Let's hear for the worms!!!!

I think I am reading an alien lingo when I see things like that!!!! what's a twitter Shocked

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sun 12 Apr 2009, 3:13 pm

Twitter is a free social messaging utility for staying connected in real-time. lol
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 Sun 12 Apr 2009, 4:30 pm

karma wrote:WWIII - Let's hear for the worms!!!!

I think I am reading an alien lingo when I see things like that!!!! what's a twitter Shocked

Methinks thou dost protest too much!!!!!! 🇳🇴
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sun 12 Apr 2009, 5:09 pm

Loads of bird noises - but not a worm in sight!!!!!.......

Main Entry:
1twit·ter
Pronunciation:
\ˈtwi-tər\
Function:
verb
Etymology:
Middle English twiteren; akin to Old High German zwizzirōn to twitter
Date:
14th century intransitive verb1: to utter successive chirping noises2 a: to talk in a chattering fashion b: giggle , titter3: to tremble with agitation : fluttertransitive verb1: to utter in chirps or twitters

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Mon 13 Apr 2009, 7:36 pm

Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read other users' updates known as tweets.

Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters in length which are displayed on the user's profile page and delivered to other users who have subscribed to them (known as followers).

Senders can restrict delivery to those in their circle of friends or, by default, allow anybody to access them. Users can send and receive tweets via the Twitter website, Short Message Service (SMS) or applications such as Tweetie, Twitterrific, Twitterfon, TweetDeck and feedalizr.

The service is free to use over the Internet, but using SMS may incur phone service provider fees.

More at Wikipedia at the following link: -

twitter

Warning: Twitter Hit By StalkDaily Worm Define-twitter
Dell
Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Mon 13 Apr 2009, 10:25 pm

Thanks - but I can just about cope with my mobile phone Shocked

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 Mon 13 Apr 2009, 11:16 pm

As my old Granny used to say Dell.TOO MUCH INFORMATION
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Tue 14 Apr 2009, 8:37 pm

Just trying to educate you bug!! 👅

Dell
Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Tue 14 Apr 2009, 8:39 pm

..and now you know what Twitter means to us 🇳🇴

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Tue 14 Apr 2009, 8:44 pm

enough probs using my computer and mobile phone
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Tue 14 Apr 2009, 10:03 pm

same here mate - same here LOL

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down