www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twitter hit by major disruption

2 posters

Go down

Twitter hit by major disruption Empty Twitter hit by major disruption

Post by GD Mon 10 May 2010, 6:45 pm

Twitter hit by major disruption _46445860_-12 Most users currently show 0 users

Twitter has been hit by a major bug that has seen many users of the service lose all of their followers and friends.
The problem began when a flaw was uncovered that allowed people to force others to "follow" them on the site.
People who typed "accept" followed by a person's username forced the user to be added to their list of followers.
The hack was quickly passed around the social network with many people using it to force celebrities to follow them.
Twitter has fixed the bug but said they it was currently cleaning up the damage.
"We identified and resolved a bug that permitted a user to 'force' other users to follow them," the site said in a blog post. "We're now working to rollback all abuse of the bug that took place."
As part of the clean up, Twitter has temporarily reset accounts so that people look like they are following no one and have no followers.
"Follower/following numbers are currently at 0; we're aware and this too should shortly be resolved."
People can still use the service in the meantime (from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Twitter hit by major disruption Empty Re: Twitter hit by major disruption

Post by kat Mon 10 May 2010, 11:11 pm

for some reason i cannot get into this one