www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

St Sampson’s head furious at ‘rumours’ of school problems

+4
Thistle
kat
Dell
GD
8 posters

Go down

St Sampson’s head furious at ‘rumours’ of school problems Empty St Sampson’s head furious at ‘rumours’ of school problems

Post by GD Sat 23 May 2009, 3:38 pm

SOME parents of pupils at St Sampson’s High have expressed concern that behaviour at the school is spiralling out of control.
One mother, who asked not to be named, even claimed a Year 7 student had been suspended for carrying a knife.
Head teacher Hazel Tetlaw was unavailable to respond to that allegation late yesterday but did earlier strenuously deny that the school had been witnessing any out-of-the-ordinary bad behaviour.
‘We are not experiencing any problems at all, not at all,’ she said.
‘It is rumours and I think it’s appalling. Occasionally tempers flare, but that is perfectly normal and happens at every school.’
She also dismissed a suggestion that former St Peter Port and St Sampson’s students have not integrated well. But the mother, whose son has suffered at the hands of bullies since the school opened in September, disagreed with Miss Tetlaw.
‘They’re having some real problems there,’ she said.
‘Some of the kids are out of control. They even had a Year 7 suspended for having a knife strapped to their body. A girl has also had all her books set on fire by bullies.’
Another concerned mother, who asked not to be named, said students from the two schools did not mix well.
‘It’s not all-out warfare exactly, but they are having problems integrating the St Sampson’s and St Peter Port kids,’ she said (from thisisguernsey)

Sounds like they have got their hands full...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

St Sampson’s head furious at ‘rumours’ of school problems Empty Re: St Sampson’s head furious at ‘rumours’ of school problems

Post by Dell Sat 23 May 2009, 4:11 pm

Well, as the old saying goes... 'There's no smoke without fire' (I think that is right, but please correct me!)

There must be something happening that is keeping the teaching staff busy! They will obviously want to keep things calm and not sensationalise things to cause further problems. There was always the potential for this to happen initially, as people do not, generally, like change and can often be parochial about such matters.

Let's hope the school sort things out and that problems do not escalate.

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

St Sampson’s head furious at ‘rumours’ of school problems Empty Re: St Sampson’s head furious at ‘rumours’ of school problems

Post by kat Sat 23 May 2009, 6:51 pm

i know plenty of children from that school and there is a war going on between the st sampsons lot and the townies
i did not think it had got that bad as they say .
but i blame the stubborn states who insited on calling this school st sampsons high
had it been baubigniy or some thing else it would be a new school for all
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Sun 24 May 2009, 9:34 am

kat wrote:........but i blame the stubborn states who insited on calling this school st sampsons high
had it been baubigniy or some thing else it would be a new school for all

Good point kat, it would appear that some 'consultant' or 'expert' might think that they knew better!!!

Let us hope that things calm down and integration starts to happen over time. After all, the youngsters are at school to learn, not to form gangs and confront each other - we are not some UK inner city school with racial tensions!

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sun 24 May 2009, 9:42 am

i know of at least two pupils who are being bullied for various reasons.nothing is being done about it
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sun 24 May 2009, 2:10 pm

i think most teachers are burying their head in the sand and do not want to admit it is happening in the school
kkids are clever of course they will not do this in front of teachers.they will do it when no one is watching the teachers should listen to the ones whop are being bullied before there are some very serious consequences .
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by schoolyjo Sun 24 May 2009, 2:45 pm

there`s always been problems, even before the two schools joined together, to be fair as soon as miss tetlaw took over you had more children out of school than in school, with nowhere for them to go except stay at home. change the head teacher there and things may start to get better!

schoolyjo

Female
Number of posts : 177
Humor : exceedlingly wicked
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun 07 Jun 2009, 8:44 pm

As long as Hazel Tetlaw is in charge of that school its only going to get worse i use to go to st sampsons ok it was a few years ago but she had no control then.
I want to know why she is still a head teacher i know she bullied 3 teachers into leaving from st sampsons secondary. yet in the states eyes she is perfect.

i run a group on facebook and there are at least 15 pupils and parents ffrom st sampsons high and they have all said it got so bad some the kids dont want to go back there.

killer

Male
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by schoolyjo Mon 08 Jun 2009, 9:11 am

ooooo i`ll join your group on facebook

schoolyjo

Female
Number of posts : 177
Humor : exceedlingly wicked
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by poolepirate Sun 14 Jun 2009, 10:20 pm

killer wrote:As long as Hazel Tetlaw is in charge of that school its only going to get worse i use to go to st sampsons ok it was a few years ago but she had no control then.
I want to know why she is still a head teacher i know she bullied 3 teachers into leaving from st sampsons secondary. yet in the states eyes she is perfect.

i run a group on facebook and there are at least 15 pupils and parents ffrom st sampsons high and they have all said it got so bad some the kids dont want to go back there.

What's the Facebook page called? I will join.

poolepirate

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Sun 14 Jun 2009, 11:50 pm

Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Mon 15 Jun 2009, 7:24 am

the facebook page is called stop the bullycide.it is about bullying causing kids to commit suicide. this is a worldwide problem.please join the page and lets stop bullying in schools now
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down