www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Education warn against rumours

+3
Edna Krabappel
Pete Burtenshaw
GD
7 posters

Go down

Education warn against rumours Empty Education warn against rumours

Post by GD Sun 29 Jun 2008, 8:28 pm

Parents of Amherst School pupils are being urged not to spread rumours after a non-teaching member of staff was suspended.

It's part of a child protection matter and Guernsey Police say they are making enquiries.

Education officials have sent a letter to all parents, warning rumours are have a damaging effect already.

A member of staff unconnected with the matter has been verbally abused in front of school children.

Education says that's unacceptable. (from Channelonline)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Education warn against rumours Empty Re: Education warn against rumours

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Thu 31 Jul 2008, 5:49 pm

so whats happened?

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Edna Krabappel Fri 07 Nov 2008, 1:05 pm

The member of staff has been cleared of all charges due to false allegations.

Edna Krabappel

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Fri 07 Nov 2008, 1:47 pm

False or Unproven ?

Chok Dee Ja

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by GD Fri 07 Nov 2008, 1:56 pm

Amherst complaint was a lie

Allegations against a non-teaching staff member at Amherst Primary School in Guernsey have been dismissed by Guernsey Police.

The staff member has been completely exonerated and the complainant has admitted that the allegations were untrue.

The Education Department is now asking parents and the community to support the school as they move on.

Guernsey's Education Department has written to all parents with children at the school to tell them the outcome of the investigation (from CItv)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Sat 08 Nov 2008, 1:15 pm

The person who made the false allegation should be charged themselves. What sort of person makes such horrendous allegations towards another person knowing full well what the severe circumstances would be for the person whose have the allegation made against them and their family? I for one is pleased that this persons been cleared and all credit to the ED and police for not taking the word of a nasty, vindictive and evil person. However in a small community mud sticks not matter how innocent one is proven.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sat 08 Nov 2008, 3:42 pm

Perhaps it was a child that said the allegation? if so they are too young to be prosecuted.
I hope the person can now get his life back as it has been a terrible few months for him and his family
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Sat 08 Nov 2008, 4:46 pm

If it is a child whose made allegations then one must look at why. A child just does not make an accusation of such a serious nature without foundation which saw an adult get suspended. With this in mind the accuser may have been an adult?

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Wed 12 Nov 2008, 7:17 pm

Unfortunatly children do make accusations for no reason. We tend to forget how vicious a child can be, just listen/watch them in a playground. Kids are not stupid they know the best way to hurt and they know that an allegation will do damage. What they may not be able to comprehend is the damage beyond the immediate allegation. which would be the suspension and how the community reacts to the accused.
Kids will make allegations for all sorts of reasons, adult has ignored them, upset them told them off.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Thu 13 Nov 2008, 9:25 pm

plimmerton811 wrote:Unfortunatly children do make accusations for no reason. We tend to forget how vicious a child can be, just listen/watch them in a playground. Kids are not stupid they know the best way to hurt and they know that an allegation will do damage. What they may not be able to comprehend is the damage beyond the immediate allegation. which would be the suspension and how the community reacts to the accused.
Kids will make allegations for all sorts of reasons, adult has ignored them, upset them told them off.

With the greatest respect plimmerton811, surely the only way a child can come out with such a worrying accusation towards an adult is when words are put in their mouth by another adult. A victim of abuse takes years before they can even speak of such horrendous acts. Just look at the recent local case with regards the judo teacher Hughes, it took years for the poor victims to come out.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Fri 14 Nov 2008, 2:11 am

Pete Burtenshaw wrote:
plimmerton811 wrote:Unfortunatly children do make accusations for no reason. We tend to forget how vicious a child can be, just listen/watch them in a playground. Kids are not stupid they know the best way to hurt and they know that an allegation will do damage. What they may not be able to comprehend is the damage beyond the immediate allegation. which would be the suspension and how the community reacts to the accused.

With the greatest respect plimmerton811, surely the only way a child can come out with such a worrying accusation towards an adult is when words are put in their mouth by another adult. A victim of abuse takes years before they can even speak of such horrendous acts. Just look at the recent local case with regards the judo teacher Hughes, it took years for the poor victims to come out.

No a child can think for itself, from what you have stated the best way to detect a truth would be to say, if it is true the child will not talk about it until years later when they can deal with the trauma. That may be true but that is not the case in this issue. We are discussing whether a child can make up an allegation. Putting words into a childs mouth makes you think that someone has said "go and say this about so & so" That can happen but a child can hear about a similar issue by adults talking or from a TV programme or magazines and some months later think "how can I hurt him" and then fabricate a story. Kids are often accomplished liars and they can be vicious.

plimmerton811

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Fri 14 Nov 2008, 7:00 am

plimmerton811, we will never find out if it were indeed a child or some moronic adult who made these allegations. The education dept are happy after an enquiry that the allegations were indeed unfounded and the staff members been reinstated. If it were a child who made the allegations are you implying that our law and education systems have ignored the child and allowed an abuser to walk free??

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyD Fri 14 Nov 2008, 7:46 am

Pete Burtenshaw wrote: If it were a child who made the allegations are you implying that our law and education systems have ignored the child and allowed an abuser to walk free??

I think the age of criminal responsibility is still 10 years old Pete, so if it was a child who made the allegations and they were below this age, then the law could not prosecute anyway.
MarkyD
MarkyD

Male
Number of posts : 1148
Job/hobbies : Professional Layabout
Humor : Manic - varying from dirty to clinically insane
Registration date : 2008-05-11

http://www.cwgsy.net/community/minimotoraceclub

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Sat 15 Nov 2008, 6:30 pm

good point MarkyD but my gut feeling tells me the accuser was a disgruntled parent who had a falling out or had a grudge towards the particular staff member.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Sun 16 Nov 2008, 12:20 am

We are all allowed a gut feeling. I don't think I have intimated that the system has allowed an abuser to go free. I said that kids can make up stories to hurt people and let's not focus on it being an adult. The education et al have investigated and they have an admission that this was false. I do not know enough to conclude if it was child or adult, not even with a gut feeling, you seem to have been of the view that an adult was responsible and all I have stated is that you should not be fooled cause kids can make this type of allegation. If an 11 year old made the allegation what action would you take, prosecute, mmm sledge hammer to crack a nut. The issue here is for the name to be cleared and the allegation to be put to rest by making it publicly known that this was a false allegation. That has been done, if it was an adult then sue if that is possible.

plimmerton811

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sun 16 Nov 2008, 9:28 am

this is a very sad case
the person have been cleared but thier life will never be the same
the person who accused them has created something worse
If it was a child ,..this will make other not believe a child who would be telling the truth
Some other person who is actually doing abuse could get away with it now as folks will not be too sure on who to believe
Or a child might not even speak out for fear of folks not believing them.
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Mon 17 Nov 2008, 7:02 pm

so what are you saying Kat???

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Tue 18 Nov 2008, 7:20 pm

kat wrote:this is a very sad case
the person have been cleared but thier life will never be the same
the person who accused them has created something worse
If it was a child ,..this will make other not believe a child who would be telling the truth
Some other person who is actually doing abuse could get away with it now as folks will not be too sure on who to believe
Or a child might not even speak out for fear of folks not believing them.

Appreciate what you are saying, but to be fair this is not the first occasion that a child or adult has made an allegation of this nature so by finding that the accused is innocent it shows the system works and due process is followed. It is the perspective of the public that has to be changed.

plimmerton811

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Tue 18 Nov 2008, 8:21 pm

good points plimmerton811 and apologies for any offence caused.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Wed 19 Nov 2008, 3:11 am

Pete, You have no need to apologise.

plimmerton811

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Thu 20 Nov 2008, 5:50 pm

well , I feel I needed to. I am not a rude person but sometimes I may word some of my posts incorrectly.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down