www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Use by Dates... Do you follow?

+8
Dell
bug1
Alpy
Whoopi
kiwis kitten
GD
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Use by Dates... Do you follow? - Page 2 Empty Re: Use by Dates... Do you follow?

Post by bug1 Wed 10 Jun 2009, 9:35 pm

Sorry,Animoso but "Ye shall reap what ye sow" make the "tribe" "bring their own" then you'll only have to cook it!

bug1

Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Use by Dates... Do you follow? - Page 2 Empty Re: Use by Dates... Do you follow?

Post by Anomiso Thu 11 Jun 2009, 11:10 am

Bug, my friend...feed people is what I do best...in fact it is possibly the only thing that I am any good at!... Embarassed
...and they do come with "offerings"...and since the Mags are all on a celiac's diet...I get presented with all sort of weird and wonderful products to experiment with!

Anomiso

Number of posts : 1968
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Anomiso Thu 11 Jun 2009, 11:12 am

PS
should you ever find out how to use Mung beans...I would be most interested to hear...

Anomiso

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Thu 11 Jun 2009, 11:16 am

Number of posts : 16109
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Anomiso Thu 11 Jun 2009, 12:53 pm

Thanks...went down that list before...
have you EVER tried to get the skin off of the mung beans?????
That is an exercise for masochists!!!....
than I thought...wellllllll. I'll "sprout them than....and use them in salad....than I investigated the "sprouting" business....well...I got warned about all sort of dire things happening if I did not know the exact "provenance"...Heck!!!I did not even know what shop they came from!!!! so I found a good use for them...I use them for "blind backing!!! LOL

Anomiso

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Thu 11 Jun 2009, 12:58 pm

they are easy to sprout - just lay them on wet blotting paper or in a jar - keep them wet and the will sprout....

Female
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Thu 11 Jun 2009, 1:03 pm

I never skin them....but if you want to this nifty 'little' gadget does it for you LOL

Use by Dates... Do you follow? - Page 2 734487 A MUNG BEAN PEELER................

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anomiso Thu 11 Jun 2009, 1:39 pm

thanks again...but if they are not "grown in the right condition"...they can be lethal...I'll keep blind baking with them...or feed to to the birds
Anomiso
Anomiso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Thu 11 Jun 2009, 1:43 pm

I eat enough of them - not to mention my daughter and grandson and we live to tell the tale (in fact Zara grows them permanetly!!)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpy Thu 11 Jun 2009, 2:09 pm

karma do you eat or smoke them? :Steve1:
Alpy
Alpy

Male
Number of posts : 3484
Humor : 'Humor is reason gone mad' G.Marx
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Thu 11 Jun 2009, 2:13 pm

Thats for me to know and you to find out 8)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpy Thu 11 Jun 2009, 2:19 pm

How?...............any clues?.......................Oops........getting of track again..............karma you are a bad influence! lol!
Alpy
Alpy

Male
Number of posts : 3484
Humor : 'Humor is reason gone mad' G.Marx
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by GD Tue 16 Jun 2009, 1:56 pm

The Co-operative Group is claiming to be the first retailer in the UK planning to include storage instructions for fruit and vegetables on its fresh produce bags, "to help tackle the growing problem of household food waste".

The storage instructions relate to a selection of loose fruit and veg that The Co-operative stocks and indicate the optimum conditions under which each of the products should be kept to maintain freshness.

As the instructions are printed on the bags themselves, customers have the information to take home with them.

The initiative is part of the retailer's support for the Government-funded "Love Food Hate Waste" campaign, which aims to raise awareness of the need to reduce food waste, as well as providing practical tips and solutions to help consumers waste less food.

According to the Waste & Resources Action Programme (WRAP), UK households throw away 6.7 million tonnes of food every year - 70% of which could have been eaten. This works out at a cost of £617 per household, and creates the same amount of CO2 as one-fifth of cars on UK roads.

Richard Swannell, director of retail, WRAP, commented: "We welcome this latest initiative from The Co-operative, which makes it easier for their customers to know how to best store fresh fruit and vegetables.

"For example, apples kept in the fridge can keep for an extra two weeks.

"This is the latest example of how The Co-operative is supporting the Love Food Hate Waste campaign, helping customers to save money by throwing away less food."

The Co-operative is also supporting The Love Food Hate Waste campaign by switching the emphasis of its promotional offers - particularly on perishable goods, such as fruit and veg - from bogofs to half-price offers.

By doing so, the community-based retailer hopes to further reduce food waste in the home by helping customers buy what they actually need, rather than doubling up on items they don't necessarily want simply to take advantage of the promotional deal.

Debbie Robinson, director of food marketing at The Co-operative Group, said: "Household food waste is a growing problem and, as the UK's largest convenience store retailer, we are determined to do all we can to help our customers tackle this issue, as well as helping them to spend wisely in these difficult times."
Later in the year, The Co-operative's membership teams will also be running a series of "Watch your Waste" events throughout the UK, featuring cookery demonstrations and tips on how to reduce waste.

Chefs will be cooking up a selection of recipes using food items that are commonly thrown away, including dishes such as vegetable curry, Moroccan chickpea soup and a baked banana passion( from retail news)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 Tue 16 Jun 2009, 9:25 pm

Moroccan chickpea soup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you make that from your left over chickpeas or leftover Moroccans?
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Anomiso Wed 17 Jun 2009, 1:11 pm

Bug!!!! :roll: 🇳🇴
from your leftover water, of course.... :-)
Anomiso
Anomiso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Diddycoon Thu 18 Jun 2009, 7:16 pm

absolutely yes - anything that is past its date goes in the bin - It's not worth the risk and anyhting that looks dodgy I throw away 
Diddycoon
Diddycoon

Female
Number of posts : 4775
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Thu 18 Jun 2009, 7:20 pm

Why throw it away when it can be composted?
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Thu 18 Jun 2009, 7:59 pm

Why buy it if you don't need it ???? My Gran's words come to mind 'more money than sense'!!!!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2