www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A third of States primary leavers lack skills

2 posters

Go down

A third of States primary leavers lack skills Empty A third of States primary leavers lack skills

Post by GD Tue 10 Nov 2009, 6:29 pm

A third of States primary leavers lack skills 0616053_Cropped

Panel chairman Deputy Roy Le Hérissier

AROUND a third of children left States primary schools this year without the expected literacy and mathematics skills.
The Education Department has revealed that 35.2% of children leave States primary schools without the basic literacy skills and 32.3% leave without the basic skills in maths.
And the figures also show that less than 1% of pupils of fee-paying schools with States support fail the comparable standards.
Education and Home Affairs Scrutiny panel chairman Deputy Roy Le Hérissier, whose questions in the States forced Education Minister James Reed to reveal the statistics, says that they make worrying reading.
But the minister refused to reveal a breakdown of results by school, just as he has refused to reveal individual school exam results. (fromJEP)

How can the department allow these youngsters to fail in standard education, its a disgrace....
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

A third of States primary leavers lack skills Empty Re: A third of States primary leavers lack skills

Post by bug1 Tue 10 Nov 2009, 10:21 pm

I just hope that Guernsey figures are not as bad as this(a forlorn hope I guess)
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down