www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some school leavers are just not up to the job

5 posters

Go down

Some school leavers are just not up to the job   Empty Some school leavers are just not up to the job

Post by GD Mon 19 Sep 2011, 7:58 pm

A STUDY aimed at developing a skills strategy for Guernsey has revealed that some school leavers have literacy and numeracy shortfalls, unhealthy attitudes to interviews and work and little interest in enterprise.

The Frontier Economics report compiled for the island’s Skills Strategy Development Group states that half of all jobseekers have no qualifications and struggle to hold down a job.

‘Many of those who are seeking work may not possess the basic numeracy and literacy skills that employers require… the practical skills we use to write job application letters, understand instructions, do mental arithmetic and read simple charts and tables.

‘They are seen by many employers as the absolute minimum level of skills that they would expect from employees.’ (from GEP)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Some school leavers are just not up to the job   Empty Re: Some school leavers are just not up to the job

Post by Digger Mon 19 Sep 2011, 11:12 pm

I never had much of an education but have never been out of work for 35 years , but then it was if you could do the job, it mattered not if you could write a novel , recite war & peace or be a Carol Vorderman.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Some school leavers are just not up to the job   Empty Re: Some school leavers are just not up to the job

Post by cockney Thu 22 Sep 2011, 12:08 am

Very true, nicely put Digger.

cockney

Male
Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Thu 22 Sep 2011, 7:17 am

MY hubby has also worked for 46 years ,he left school at 14 with no qualifications ...he WANTED to work!
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:13 am

You actually paid someone to come up with that bit of information !!!! Shocked

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down