www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey Residents criticise parking loss

2 posters

Go down

Guernsey Residents criticise parking loss Empty Guernsey Residents criticise parking loss

Post by GD Fri 04 Dec 2009, 4:37 pm

Guernsey Residents criticise parking loss _46856565_dsc_0453 The spaces were re-zoned as no waiting in November

Some residents have criticised the States after parking on their St Peter Port road changed to a no-waiting zone.
The off-peak on-street parking spaces on Doyle Road were re-designated in November.
Residents said they were unaware of the change and it meant there was nowhere nearby to park for visitors and those without their own parking.
Environment Minister Peter Sirett said the change had been publicised through La Gazette Officielle.
'Clearly wasn't safe'
He said putting notice of the change in La Gazette was a requirement of law and gave the public the opportunity to offer feedback.
Mr Sirett said: "There's always a better way of doing everything.
"I accept that and if somebody feels we could have done it in a better way, then maybe we could."
He said residents did not have a right to parking and added that the change would cut congestion and make the road safer.
Sgt Martin Harris, from Guernsey Police, said: "In essence Doyle Road is a dual carriageway and, for some unknown reason, there was a small parking area plonked in the middle of one of the traffic lanes.
"Prior to this parking being removed, you were all of a sudden confronted by parked cars in a lane in which you were told to remain in and that clearly wasn't safe."
The no-waiting zone can be used for loading and unloading only. (from BBC)

Should of been done ages ago...

GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey Residents criticise parking loss Empty Re: Guernsey Residents criticise parking loss

Post by ploughman Fri 04 Dec 2009, 4:58 pm

Didnt make any difference this afternoon, 2 cars parked in the usual parking area, causing mayhem at 4.30pm with everyone trying to move around them.
It has never happened to me yet, but i dread to think what it is like when a fire engine is trying to get through! both lanes solid with traffic and the lights on red!
ploughman
ploughman

Male
Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down