www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey Pensioner had time for Smart exit

+5
technophobe
cockney
GD
9 posters

Go down

Guernsey Pensioner had time for Smart exit Empty Guernsey Pensioner had time for Smart exit

Post by GD Wed 20 Jan 2010, 7:33 pm

Guernsey Pensioner had time for Smart exit 0902945

Michael Le Lacheur, right, as the remains of his pride and joy were taken away. (Picture by Aimee Le Cocq, 0902945)

A PENSIONER had a lucky escape when his Smart Car caught fire yesterday morning.
Michael Le Lacheur, 69, was driving along Route des Domaines, St Saviour’s, when he looked in his wing mirror and saw flames coming from the back of his car.
‘I got out and ran up the road as I had a full tank of fuel,’ said the retired States worker. ‘I loved my little car. I have no idea how it happened. It just went up in flames.’
The vehicle, which was about seven or eight years old, was barely recognisable and the blaze had spread to the roadside hedge.
The Fire and Rescue Service and police attended. The blaze was out within half an hour.
A Mercedes-Benz spokesman said: ‘This is a highly unusual case and it would be inappropriate to speculate on the cause of this incident. The Smart range of vehicles is one of the safest in its segment. Indeed, the Smart is built to the same stringent and exacting standards as the rest of the Mercedes-Benz family.’ (from thisisguernsey)

mmm not the only Smart car to go up in smoke...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey Pensioner had time for Smart exit Empty Re: Guernsey Pensioner had time for Smart exit

Post by Digger Wed 20 Jan 2010, 8:49 pm

That's what i have heard also , i have never liked them why would anyone buy a motorbike that you can't get your legs around ??...... Guernsey Pensioner had time for Smart exit 623409
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Guernsey Pensioner had time for Smart exit Empty Re: Guernsey Pensioner had time for Smart exit

Post by karma Wed 20 Jan 2010, 8:53 pm

For economy's sake I guess - my daughter loves hers and she is 5'11'' and has no problem Guernsey Pensioner had time for Smart exit Lol

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by cockney Wed 20 Jan 2010, 9:05 pm

Good riddance to all smart cars, I wish they would all go up in smoke along with the individuals who abandon, sorry park them so I cant open the back doors of my van.

cockney

Male
Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Wed 20 Jan 2010, 9:41 pm

Bit drastic getting rid of people because they cannot afford a huge 'gas guzzler' - my daughter lives in France - so she's not guilty of getting in your way - does that mean her Smart Car and her life are exempt from you proposed cull Guernsey Pensioner had time for Smart exit Lol

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by technophobe Thu 21 Jan 2010, 9:41 am

Cockney

Did you used to be a character in Viz?

technophobe

Male
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Thu 21 Jan 2010, 7:01 pm

cockney wrote:Good riddance to all smart cars, I wish they would all go up in smoke along with the individuals who abandon, sorry park them so I cant open the back doors of my van.

I think it is cute that they park nose to the curb between cars when the parked cars leave a big gap so they can just drive out. Cockney is it only Smart cars that park close to your van doors or are you just picking on that particular car.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by cockney Thu 21 Jan 2010, 7:24 pm

Its only smart cars that do this as they think they can park anywhere.

cockney

Male
Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Thu 21 Jan 2010, 10:10 pm

It would appear that not only do they think they can park anywhere, they have the ability to park anywhere (well almost).

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Thu 21 Jan 2010, 11:35 pm

And a mind of their own - clever! no wonder they are called SMART cars!!!!!!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Fri 22 Jan 2010, 7:52 am

he sound more naffed off cos he had just filled his tank up!
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Fri 22 Jan 2010, 7:54 am

never did think they looked very safe.yes they are economical on petrol but what chance would you have in a pile up.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Fri 22 Jan 2010, 8:57 am

Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Fri 22 Jan 2010, 9:05 am

.............about the same chance as in a 2CV or an old style Beetle - or a Mini come to that!!!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down