www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landowners threaten legal move to block schools route

4 posters

Go down

Landowners threaten legal move to block schools route Empty Landowners threaten legal move to block schools route

Post by GD Wed 21 Apr 2010, 5:14 pm

Landowners threaten legal move to block schools route 0955775_175

Dave Wilson, left, and Brian Harley own land that
borders the track Living Streets wants to use as part of the walking route to
the Baubigny Schools. They fear improvements will tempt motorists to use the
lane. (Picture by Steve Sarre, 0955775)

NEIGHBOURING landowners will consider legal action if Living Streets
continues with its plans for a walking route to Baubigny Schools.
The pedestrian safety group wants a route so pupils who live in St Peter Port
can walk safely from Pitronnerie Road Industrial Estate to St Sampson’s High and
Le Murier.
But part of the route is along a track which leads from The Guernsey Bowl
past David Wilson and Brian Harley’s land.
‘We don’t want this route because of the disruption it will cause,’ said Mr
Wilson.
The pair are concerned that if the track is improved for pedestrians, more
motorists will be encouraged to use it. (from thisisguernsey)My only concern is that I hope the don't walk though the Industrial Estate its not safe, too many trucks etc use that road and there is no pavement....
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Landowners threaten legal move to block schools route Empty Re: Landowners threaten legal move to block schools route

Post by Spirit Wed 21 Apr 2010, 6:43 pm

I knew that I had seen those two before

Landowners threaten legal move to block schools route F_200612_december08E_78808a
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Landowners threaten legal move to block schools route Empty Re: Landowners threaten legal move to block schools route

Post by kat Wed 21 Apr 2010, 7:22 pm

Right miserable old sods .if this lane give our children a safe way to school why make so much fuss .
i can understand they do not want it as a drive though but all they will need is bollards!
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Wed 21 Apr 2010, 9:30 pm

kat wrote:Right miserable old sods .if this lane give our children a safe way to school why make so much fuss .
i can understand they do not want it as a drive though but all they will need is bollards!

Bit uncharitable Kat, they may have a point, in creating a better pedestrian thoroughfare you may put kids at risk from cyclists and motor cyclists using it as a shortcut. All three would be funnelled into using a track suitable for either pedestrians or wheels. Bollards will stop cars but they would have to think about "zig-zag" gates which make it difficult for a cyclist to get through and impossible for a motor cyclist. I'm sure it could work just needs some thought from both sides.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down