www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teachers settle dispute

2 posters

Go down

Teachers settle dispute Empty Teachers settle dispute

Post by GD Wed 16 Jun 2010, 5:54 pm

Teachers have called off any industrial action following talks between representatives of the States Employment Board and unions. Details of the negotiations are still to be finalised but teachers have agreed to settle for changes to their conditions of service in lieu of a pay rise for 2009.
Among the changes on offer is a guarantee of 10% non-contact time for planning, preparation and assessment from January 2011 and the removal of the requirement to supervise pupils at lunchtime from January 2012.
The deal is conditional on teachers accepting the current 2 year pay offer of 2% from January 2010 and a further 2% for 2011; and on their co-operation with an independent review of terms and conditions of service, to begin later this year.
The Chief Minister, Senator Terry Le Sueur said “I am pleased we have managed to avoid industrial action, which would be detrimental to students’ learning and disruptive for parents. I hope we can now move forward with an independent review of the terms and conditions of service for teachers.”
The Minister for Education, Sport and Culture, Deputy James Reed, said “I am really pleased that this dispute has now been resolved. The last thing anyone wants to see is our children’s education being disrupted, even for a day.”
Headteachers and deputy headteachers, who are in a separate pay group and not part of the dispute with teachers, have already indicated their willingness to accept the pay freeze for 2009 and the subsequent 2% offer for 2010 and 2011.
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Teachers settle dispute Empty Re: Teachers settle dispute

Post by bug1 Wed 16 Jun 2010, 10:53 pm

So from 2012 the states will have to employ additional staff to supervise lunch times.So there goes the promise to cap staff levels?
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down