www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bread prices to increase by 10% in Channel Islands

4 posters

Go down

Bread prices to increase by 10% in Channel Islands Empty Bread prices to increase by 10% in Channel Islands

Post by GD Tue 28 Sep 2010, 12:51 pm

The price of bread produced by the Channel Islands' largest bakeries will rise from about 10% from next week.
Cimandis, which runs Warry's in Guernsey and C.I. Bakery in Jersey, said it had to increase the cost of baked goods due to problems with wheat supplies.
It said since July the price of wheat had jumped about 35%.
Managing director Paul Luxon said: "The price hike in wheat has caught everyone in the marketplace by surprise."
He said: "We promise to do everything we can to stabilise prices and continue to look after our customers in the Channel Islands."
Mr Luxon said rising wheat inflation, fuel, agricultural commodities and raw material costs would have to be passed on to retailers, which would lead to an increase in the price of a loaf of bread.
He said harsh droughts and wildfires in Russia, one of the world's largest exporters, are thought to have killed a fifth of its wheat crops, pushing global prices higher.
Mr Luxon said a second price increase was also possible early next year, and the company was currently in negotiations with its suppliers to minimize the impact on the wholesale price of bread. (from BBC)

Its all going up...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Bread prices to increase by 10% in Channel Islands Empty Re: Bread prices to increase by 10% in Channel Islands

Post by Thistle Tue 28 Sep 2010, 6:12 pm

bread is already far too expensive..found a warrys bloomer in st peters checkers that cost over £2 they can keep it at that price x
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Bread prices to increase by 10% in Channel Islands Empty Re: Bread prices to increase by 10% in Channel Islands

Post by The Gimp Tue 28 Sep 2010, 7:33 pm

just happy i havnt got gas heating !!
The Gimp
The Gimp

Male
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Tue 28 Sep 2010, 7:46 pm

First time I've been happy about having an intolerance to wheat and wheat products :-))))

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down