www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa is crowned Miss Guernsey

4 posters

Go down

Lisa is crowned Miss Guernsey Empty Lisa is crowned Miss Guernsey

Post by Dell Sat 23 Oct 2010, 5:51 pm

A 20-year-old hairdresser from St Peter Port has been crowned Miss Guernsey 2010. Lisa Knott took the title at the black tie gala final at The Farmhouse.

Eight contestants took to the pink carpet catwalk in three rounds – charity shop wear, beachwear and evening wear.

Miss Guernsey was awarded the title, her tiara and sash, the historic South Show committee cup, and a prize package which includes £1,000 to spend on a holiday from Travelmaker, a portfolio of photographs from John de Garis, and a magnum of champagne from The Farmhouse.

Lisa’s first engagement will be to join Father Christmas for the parade and Christmas lights switch-on in St Peter Port on Saturday 4 December.

'I can’t believe it. It is such an honour to be crowned Miss Guernsey and I am so excited about all the things I will be doing over the next year,' said Lisa. 'All the contestants were so lovely, and it’s been a really special evening for all of us.'

The event was organised by Sue Markham of GBG Media and sponsored by award-winning jewellery designer Catherine Best.

Local breast cancer support group The Pink Ladies were the nominated charity to benefit from the event – with a combination of ticket sales and a raffle helping to raise £1,230.

'Staging an event like this really is a dream come true for me,' said organiser Sue Markham. 'To see the crowning of Lisa Knott, to see the audience and contestants enjoying a night to remember, and to raise so much money for such a good cause is something I will remember forever.'

From Channel TV.

Lisa is crowned Miss Guernsey 350628 Congratulations to Lisa Lisa is crowned Miss Guernsey 830761

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Lisa is crowned Miss Guernsey Empty Re: Lisa is crowned Miss Guernsey

Post by Digger Sat 23 Oct 2010, 6:48 pm

Well done Lisa Lisa is crowned Miss Guernsey 910762
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Lisa is crowned Miss Guernsey Empty Re: Lisa is crowned Miss Guernsey

Post by Thistle Sat 23 Oct 2010, 7:22 pm

congratulations lisa x
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes