www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey States expected to cut spending by £6m

+2
bug1
GD
6 posters

Go down

Guernsey States expected to cut spending by £6m Empty Guernsey States expected to cut spending by £6m

Post by GD Fri 19 Nov 2010, 11:24 am

The States of Guernsey should cut £6m from its spending during the next 18 months, according to the island's chief accountant.
Politicians agreed to a cut in annual spending of £31m by 2015 after a report identified more than 100 areas where efficiency savings could be made.
Bethan Haines, from Treasury and Resources, said the savings were already being seen.
She said they would continue to come from a variety of projects.
Ms Haines said: "It will include things like increasing fees at the Guernsey Registry, the savings that we're making on changing opening times and cleaning regimes at the public conveniences [and] there's an energy efficiency project in there.
"A lot of the savings come from changes to the way that we procure goods and services in the States.
"The £31m remains our target and it remains a challenge because obviously some difficult decisions need to be made along the way in order to drive about 10% out of our budget, but we still believe it's deliverable." (from BBC)

From what I have been hearing the Axe is being used to reduce staffing levels in quite a few departments
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey States expected to cut spending by £6m Empty Re: Guernsey States expected to cut spending by £6m

Post by bug1 Fri 19 Nov 2010, 5:31 pm

We've heard this all before!
Sack staff and pay redundancy.
Then pay huge rates for temporary staff to do their jobs!!
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Guernsey States expected to cut spending by £6m Empty Re: Guernsey States expected to cut spending by £6m

Post by The Gimp Fri 19 Nov 2010, 7:56 pm

just stop paying sick pay to the monday club, thats a multi million saving, my staff don't take days off sick because they don't get paid..

The Gimp
The Gimp

Male
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sat 20 Nov 2010, 10:44 am

hope they make the cuts in the right areas..maybe get rid of some of the excess at custard castle,wheadon house etc etc..
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sat 20 Nov 2010, 1:38 pm

there are many ways they could cuts cost ,,i see so many get money for just lazing around in bed all day ,but go out on the piss in the night with our tax monies ,coming home at time my hubby is going to work .make me so mad
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ted Sat 20 Nov 2010, 5:08 pm

I suppose the brunt of the so called savings will be with the lower paid manual workers, nurses, counter staff etc. These workers at the lower end will have their overtime and or conditions changed, and the golf between them working and not working will be little, the branches further up the tree will be left untouched. But i agree with Kat, why should the few who abuse the social insurance be allowed to continue this Thursday morning pay out. As the wise man said in the last week "we have never had it so good" lets wait twelve months before making our comments.
ted
ted

Male
Number of posts : 124
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down