www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Late Daytona call up for Jersey driver James Walker

Go down

Late Daytona call up for Jersey driver James Walker Empty Late Daytona call up for Jersey driver James Walker

Post by GD Fri 21 Jan 2011, 7:49 am

Jersey driver James Walker will travel to the USA next week after receiving a late call-up to compete in the Rolex 24 endurance race at Daytona.
Walker will race for Canadian team Bullet Racing 12 months on from retiring early because of engine problems in his debut race.
"I got a real taste for Daytona when I was there last year," he said.
"It's an incredible event and its great that I have been able to hook up with a team of drivers I already know."
He added: "I loved the track and I have some experience in a Porsche now so I'm looking forward to getting back out there."
Walker will drive a Porsche GT3 alongside Daryl O'Young, Eric Lux and Brian Wong and will share the track with the likes of Juan Pablo Montoya, Dario Franchitti, Martin Brundle and Mark Blundell.
He will also be running against his own manager, Tim Sugden, who is racing a rival team's Porsche.
"There are some big names competing in this race and that really helps to make it such a great event," Walker continued.
"I'm very proud to be part of it and I can't wait to get stuck in. It will be interesting to see what happen if I end up in an on-track battle with Tim too."
The Rolex 24 at Daytona gets underway at 2030 GMT on 29 January (from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down