www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shop owner unhappy at Mill Street drivers

4 posters

Go down

Shop owner unhappy at Mill Street drivers Empty Shop owner unhappy at Mill Street drivers

Post by GD Sat 29 Jan 2011, 4:07 pm

Shop owner unhappy at Mill Street drivers 1083109_175

Glen Cooney outside his Mill Street shop. (Picture by Peter Frankland, 1083109)

MOTORISTS using Mill Street as a short cut are endangering the lives of pedestrians, according to one shop owner in the Old Quarter.
Glen Cooney opened Kids Direct a year ago and said the narrow cobbled street was often used as a through road by both delivery drivers and motorists.
‘We have parents coming in and out of the shop with buggies and young children and this traffic is all day and sometimes around 20mph, which is too quick.
Mr Cooney said it was not just delivery lorries that drove down the narrow street, but motorists who were frustrated by queuing in the Bordage and saw Mill Street as a quicker route to the seafront. (from thisisguernsey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Shop owner unhappy at Mill Street drivers Empty Re: Shop owner unhappy at Mill Street drivers

Post by bug1 Sat 29 Jan 2011, 4:37 pm

Apart from the fact that I can't see it being quicker why didn't he contact the Police first instead of the Press? Just wanted the free publicity for his shop?
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Shop owner unhappy at Mill Street drivers Empty Re: Shop owner unhappy at Mill Street drivers

Post by Alpy Sat 29 Jan 2011, 5:24 pm

bug1 just hit the nail on the head again!
Alpy
Alpy

Male
Number of posts : 3484
Humor : 'Humor is reason gone mad' G.Marx
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sat 29 Jan 2011, 8:54 pm

t
This makes me mad as last year I had to fight with environment department for a permit to drive down there with the Briton in bloom judges ..it took a lot of letters and a few deputies to fight for this .
We got a permit for Sunday morning stating what time we would be driving down .and one for the Monday afternoon and had to state the time
so why are the driver getting away with it now as i was told the shop down there would take any numbers and report you to the police
like you say free publicity!
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down