www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Post reduces service to five days

2 posters

Go down

Jersey Post reduces service to five days Empty Jersey Post reduces service to five days

Post by GD Wed 02 Mar 2011, 6:47 pm

Jersey Post will collect and deliver post on five days instead of six.

The change will come into force from April.

Jersey Post requested the reduction because they say the six day service is not viable. It was granted by the Jersey Competition Regulatory Authority, who control the industry.

The decision to allow the reduction comes as traditional mail volumes continue to decline.

Since 2004, the volume of mail is estimated to have declined by an average of about four per cent a year and is expected to decline rapidly in the next few years.

In 2009 the decrease was 14 per cent. This is driven by competition from other services like emails and other technologies like social networks, for example, Facebook.

JCRA Executive Director, John Curran, said: "The JCRA consulted on JPL’s request to change its licence, reducing collections and deliveries from six days to five days a week, and, having considered the responses from both this consultation and the EDD consultation, the JCRA has now reached its decision to grant JPL’s request for its licence to be amended."

The licence amendment will take effect from 1 April 2011.

The JCRA is an independent authority established by the States of Jersey to enforce Jersey’s competition law and regulate its telecommunication and postal sectors. (from CTV)

Guernsey Post will follow I am sure...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Jersey Post reduces service to five days Empty Re: Jersey Post reduces service to five days

Post by karma Wed 02 Mar 2011, 7:43 pm

I cannot remember the last time I saw a postman on a Saturday - so I think our post office is easing us into 5 days postings!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down