www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shield our young from lads’ mags, say mums

2 posters

Go down

Shield our young from lads’ mags, say mums  Empty Shield our young from lads’ mags, say mums

Post by GD Wed 16 Mar 2011, 5:09 pm

FOUNDERS of a local parenting website say so-called lads’ mags should be kept out of the sight of children.

Guernseymums.gg said that, ideally, the magazines should be put only on top shelves to protect children from unnecessary harm.

Its comments come after WHSmith refused to move a magazine to its highest shelves despite a campaign and pressure from national parenting site Mumsnet.

Speaking on behalf of Guernseymums.gg, co-founder Sarah Winsall said such material should not be accessible to young children (from gep)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Shield our young from lads’ mags, say mums  Empty Re: Shield our young from lads’ mags, say mums

Post by Dell Wed 16 Mar 2011, 5:14 pm

It is an unfortunate fact that the young can access far more revealing material with a simple search on-line if they are that way inclined!! I am not agreeing with the actions of WHSmith as I think they should act more reasonably and place these sort of magazines higher up the shelves as most retailers have done for a long time.
Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down