www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man defends hanging dead birds from trees

+8
Digger
kingcolemk
Spirit
kat
Thistle
GD
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Man defends hanging dead birds from trees Empty Man defends hanging dead birds from trees

Post by GD Sat 06 Aug 2011, 6:13 pm

POLICE have been called in to help the GSPCA after a man hanging dead magpies outside his house ordered the animal welfare staff off his land yesterday morning.

The charity visited Chris Fish’s Castel home to find out his motives for displaying the birds. They also wanted to ask who had killed them and whether it was done humanely.

Welfare and education officer Emma Trousdale, 29, said: ‘I think it is absolutely disgusting and some of the magpies are hollow with maggots in them – it’s just horrible.’

Outside his house, Le Jardin, in Rue du Torval, Mr Fish told the Guernsey Press that he regularly hung dead magpies in an attempt to discourage birds from his fruit trees. ‘It is an established method in the country and my grandfather used to do it so they won’t eat the fruit,’ he said. ‘I understand that it is something that people do not appreciate but it does make me upset because it’s on my own property. I don’t ask people to come and walk past my house – it’s my land so I can do what I like.’(from GEP)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Man defends hanging dead birds from trees Empty Re: Man defends hanging dead birds from trees

Post by schoolyjo Sat 06 Aug 2011, 8:00 pm

heart wrenchingly sad i sat and creid along with my young daughter on reading this, how dreadful that a man wouldnt realise that living beings can feel pain and fear just like we can, what a horrible excuse for a grown man!

schoolyjo

Female
Number of posts : 177
Humor : exceedlingly wicked
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Man defends hanging dead birds from trees Empty Re: Man defends hanging dead birds from trees

Post by karma Sun 07 Aug 2011, 2:01 am

I know what I'd like to hang him by and he would not be dead!!!!!

Beyond disgusting behaviour!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sun 07 Aug 2011, 8:03 am

absolutely disgusting ...hang him up by his testicles and see how he feels then....
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:20 am

Good idea hang him by his testies near that lady with all them kids as a warning for men to keep away lol
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sun 07 Aug 2011, 10:17 am

now that is a good idea kat lol xx
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sun 07 Aug 2011, 12:05 pm

Do I hear whispers of the Witches of Eastwick......LOL

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Sun 07 Aug 2011, 12:41 pm

Another trial by media?
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sun 07 Aug 2011, 3:56 pm

the man should be punished for what he has done..it is animal cruelty pure and simple x
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Sun 07 Aug 2011, 6:33 pm

out of interest, would he have had the same reaction if he was killing rats?
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Sun 07 Aug 2011, 8:51 pm

Good point Spirit. It is worth remembering that Magpies are the rats of the bird world. I have seen them pecking a sparrow to death. They cause havock around my bird feeding station and bird bath. If I could get my hands on them I would wring their ruddy necks too.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:36 pm

I can't see a problem here !!
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!

Back to top Go down

Post by schoolyjo Sun 07 Aug 2011, 10:07 pm

nice to know guernsey is full of animal lovers, love my cat and my dog etc but i`ll quite happily eat a pig or a cow which has as much love, intewlligence as cats and dogs, same in the bird world, yes sprirt i would have a problem if it was rats, and digger i see a huge problem here and kingcolemk its no different to the human world and bullies picking on smaller people but you dont lure them, throttle them, and hang them from a tree, i thought civilised human beings were moving on from mass murder to voiceless animals and birds, obviously a few morons remain!

schoolyjo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Sun 07 Aug 2011, 10:42 pm

There are soldiers dying needlessly each day all over the world and people dying of incurable diseases every hour , and you are worried about a few birds , lets worry about the bigger issues and if we have time then we can start worrying about the birds rats etc etc !!

BTW the human race have been eating meat since time began you are not going to change that ..
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!

Back to top Go down

Post by schoolyjo Sun 07 Aug 2011, 10:53 pm

yes digger soldiers choose to put themselves on the front line, they sign up for it , and yes people die every second of everyday, but the same token so do animals die violent painful deaths every second of every day , but i will always have time galore for animals they are my reason for living , yes people have been eating meat since the beginning of time but very slowly people are realising that, that is why there is a lot of sickness in the world, governments are now urging people to stop eating meat, and one slab of meat produces more toxic gasses than anything else, so if your into re-cycling like everyone seems to be, the biggest thing you can do is stop eating meat!

schoolyjo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Mon 08 Aug 2011, 12:31 am

Digger wrote:There are soldiers dying needlessly each day all over the world and people dying of incurable diseases every hour , and you are worried about a few birds , lets worry about the bigger issues and if we have time then we can start worrying about the birds rats etc etc !!

BTW the human race have been eating meat since time began you are not going to change that ..

With respect - IMO the human race have been killing and torturing each other since time began (doesn't make it right though) - so maybe it is time for a change all round.....once we can feel an animal's pain (and yes they have the same nervous system as us) then maybe we will feel another human's pain - which just might make us better people - time to give it a try!!! Cruelty to anything is not acceptable - just because human's are top of the food chain doesn't entitle them to inflict pain/torture on voiceless birds/animals

As for soldiers, they choose their path and are trained to kill or be killed (and are armed)........not the same as being given a 'label' by a human who just does not like you (animals are not born knowing that man has a blood lust for anything that doesn't fit into a certain picture and would not begin to understand why they are being tortured) We all have a nervous system - but human's are 'gifted' with the power of reasoning - it is about time they started to use that 'gift'!!! and begin to take responsibility for supposedly 'lesser' forms of life ...... Rant

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by schoolyjo Mon 08 Aug 2011, 9:23 pm

i love you karma, i couldnt have put it better myself x turning vegan has been my best choice in life so far x

schoolyjo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:36 am

Thank you schoolyjo and congratulations on putting your beliefs into action!!! I truly am tired of people saying 'it's always been that way' I reiterate, that IMO that fact does not make it right - we are at the moment in the middle of a scandal regarding shipping of live animals to Indonesia!! These poor unfortunate animals are shipped in terrible conditions and when they arrived have their legs broken so they cannot escape - eyes gouged out, tongues sliced off and die a slow and terrifying death (which probably comes as a relief to them) and Australia has stopped sending cattle to Indonesia until this is stopped (you can YouTube the footage if you need to - I personally don't) and apparently in defence of these obscene acts the Indonesians say........yes you have guessed it 'it has always been this way'!!!! And they are also top of the food chain (goodness knows what the bottom of that chain behaves like) - well done them!!!! Makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomach and also makes me ashamed of being 'human' in the 21st century!!!!!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 4:46 am

This is a known way to deter birds. My cat is a predator he kills loads of things, it appears that no one bothers about that.

All the posts go on about cruelty etc but has anyone established how these magpies have died. Has he shot them, that's humane. It is not cruel to hang them from a tree because they are already dead, unsightly but not cruel.

Schoolyjo hope your daughter doesn't read this thread cause if I was her I would be a tad pi**ed off to know that my Mum placed me second to animals, quote post above "but i will always have time galore for animals they are my reason for living " surely your reason for living is your daughter, get your priorities right, family first, humans second, animals third.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Tue 09 Aug 2011, 6:37 am

Plimmerton:

This is a known way to deter birds. My cat is a predator he kills loads of things, it appears that no one bothers about that.

That is the rule of the animal kingdom and we cannot condemn - but a human deliberately inflicting pain on animals for their own gratification is not really the same as your cat's instincts - and therefore should not be condoned!!!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:37 am

Hey hold on !!! 'deliberately inflicting pain on animals for their own gratification' ! Where did that come from ? How did he do that ? Do you know something we don't ?

I think you are getting a bit caried away here.

kingcolemk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:50 am

karma wrote:Plimmerton:

That is the rule of the animal kingdom and we cannot condemn - but a human deliberately inflicting pain on animals for their own gratification is not really the same as your cat's instincts - and therefore should not be condoned!!!

Karma, come on read my post and quote all the relevant bits, I repeat to save you going back

"All the posts go on about cruelty etc but has anyone established how these magpies have died. Has he shot them, that's humane. It is not cruel to hang them from a tree because they are already dead, unsightly but not cruel"

If he has trapped them and hung them by their neck whilst gently tugging their feet well yes that is cruel. Who says he has received gratification from doing this? He has somehow killed them and hung them up to protect his fruit trees. Typical of this forum and people in general, lots of rumour and conjecture and no bloody facts.

In NZ recently a family cooked their bull terrier on the BBQ and ate it. Was that cruel, apparently not because they killed it humanely.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by schoolyjo Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:06 am

i did reply but it hasnt shown so at the risk of repeating myself twice yes karma i did watch the live export video`s and then posted them to my neighbour who has now turned veggie, and thanet (uk) are having a big meet this weekend to try and stop live exports from ramsgate, the whole total disregard for animals like worthless tokens has to stop and people slowly but surely is beginning to stop thank god!

and plimmerton811 my daughter and my older children would have no problem , the youngest is vegan herself and has so much passion for animals coursing through her veins its untrue, she would not be hacked off in the slightest, she would like nothing more than to save every duck, magpie, pig , cow, whatever you like , thank god for the younger generation growing up with compassion in their hearts not being conditioned like we were that milk is good for you and you need meat to survive, quite pi**ed off myself that i was lied to for years about all that!

schoolyjo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:10 am

kingcolemk wrote:Hey hold on !!! 'deliberately inflicting pain on animals for their own gratification' ! Where did that come from ? How did he do that ? Do you know something we don't ?

I think you are getting a bit caried away here.

http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/gratification/

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:13 am

I know the meaning of gratification Karma. How does that answer my questions ?

kingcolemk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next