www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man defends hanging dead birds from trees

+8
Digger
kingcolemk
Spirit
kat
Thistle
GD
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Man defends hanging dead birds from trees - Page 2 Empty Re: Man defends hanging dead birds from trees

Post by kingcolemk Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:37 am

Hey hold on !!! 'deliberately inflicting pain on animals for their own gratification' ! Where did that come from ? How did he do that ? Do you know something we don't ?

I think you are getting a bit caried away here.

kingcolemk

Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Man defends hanging dead birds from trees - Page 2 Empty Re: Man defends hanging dead birds from trees

Post by plimmerton811 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:50 am

karma wrote:Plimmerton:

This is a known way to deter birds. My cat is a predator he kills loads of things, it appears that no one bothers about that.

That is the rule of the animal kingdom and we cannot condemn - but a human deliberately inflicting pain on animals for their own gratification is not really the same as your cat's instincts - and therefore should not be condoned!!!

Karma, come on read my post and quote all the relevant bits, I repeat to save you going back

"All the posts go on about cruelty etc but has anyone established how these magpies have died. Has he shot them, that's humane. It is not cruel to hang them from a tree because they are already dead, unsightly but not cruel"

If he has trapped them and hung them by their neck whilst gently tugging their feet well yes that is cruel. Who says he has received gratification from doing this? He has somehow killed them and hung them up to protect his fruit trees. Typical of this forum and people in general, lots of rumour and conjecture and no bloody facts.

In NZ recently a family cooked their bull terrier on the BBQ and ate it. Was that cruel, apparently not because they killed it humanely.

plimmerton811

Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by schoolyjo Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:06 am

i did reply but it hasnt shown so at the risk of repeating myself twice yes karma i did watch the live export video`s and then posted them to my neighbour who has now turned veggie, and thanet (uk) are having a big meet this weekend to try and stop live exports from ramsgate, the whole total disregard for animals like worthless tokens has to stop and people slowly but surely is beginning to stop thank god!

and plimmerton811 my daughter and my older children would have no problem , the youngest is vegan herself and has so much passion for animals coursing through her veins its untrue, she would not be hacked off in the slightest, she would like nothing more than to save every duck, magpie, pig , cow, whatever you like , thank god for the younger generation growing up with compassion in their hearts not being conditioned like we were that milk is good for you and you need meat to survive, quite pi**ed off myself that i was lied to for years about all that!

schoolyjo

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:10 am

kingcolemk wrote:Hey hold on !!! 'deliberately inflicting pain on animals for their own gratification' ! Where did that come from ? How did he do that ? Do you know something we don't ?

I think you are getting a bit caried away here.

http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/gratification/

Number of posts : 16109
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:13 am

I know the meaning of gratification Karma. How does that answer my questions ?

kingcolemk

Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:42 pm

plimmerton811 wrote:This is a known way to deter birds. My cat is a predator he kills loads of things, it appears that no one bothers about that.

All the posts go on about cruelty etc but has anyone established how these magpies have died. Has he shot them, that's humane. It is not cruel to hang them from a tree because they are already dead, unsightly but not cruel.

Schoolyjo hope your daughter doesn't read this thread cause if I was her I would be a tad pi**ed off to know that my Mum placed me second to animals, quote post above "but i will always have time galore for animals they are my reason for living " surely your reason for living is your daughter, get your priorities right, family first, humans second, animals third.

What's going on here i feel myself agreeing with Plimmerton again ........What ever next !!!!
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by schoolyjo Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:50 pm

refer to my previous post digger, my daughter has no need to be piddled off she feels the same way if not has even stronger feelings on animal rights!

schoolyjo

Female
Number of posts : 177
Humor : exceedlingly wicked
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpy Tue 09 Aug 2011, 5:21 pm

GD wrote:
POLICE have been called in to help the GSPCA after a man hanging dead magpies outside his house ordered the animal welfare staff off his land yesterday morning.

The charity visited Chris Fish’s Castel home to find out his motives for displaying the birds. They also wanted to ask who had killed them and whether it was done humanely.

Welfare and education officer Emma Trousdale, 29, said: ‘I think it is absolutely disgusting and some of the magpies are hollow with maggots in them – it’s just horrible.’

Outside his house, Le Jardin, in Rue du Torval, Mr Fish told the Guernsey Press that he regularly hung dead magpies in an attempt to discourage birds from his fruit trees. ‘It is an established method in the country and my grandfather used to do it so they won’t eat the fruit,’ he said. ‘I understand that it is something that people do not appreciate but it does make me upset because it’s on my own property. I don’t ask people to come and walk past my house – it’s my land so I can do what I like.’(from GEP)

We are still not sure if he killed the magpies!!!!
All that we can say for sure is that he hung dead birds in his fruit trees!!
Alpy
Alpy

Male
Number of posts : 3484
Humor : 'Humor is reason gone mad' G.Marx
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Tue 09 Aug 2011, 7:30 pm

Alpy wrote: We are still not sure if he killed the magpies!!!!
All that we can say for sure is that he hung dead birds in his fruit trees!!

Correct!!

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:10 pm

http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/gratification/[/quote]

Karma, The definition doesn't support your statement (definition below)"but a human deliberately inflicting pain on animals for their own gratification" He has hung the birds up on a tree. There is nothing there to suggest that he got any pleasure or reward from inflicting pain if any pain was inflicted due to his actions. So let's make sure we get our facts straight and not sensationalise the event to suit our agenda of cruelty to animals. This type of misrepresentation in any field or topic is exactly what drives those that are marginalised away from your cause. I hate cruelty to animals but I also detest misrepresentation to suit a cause or arguement. To my mind that is exactly what is happening on this thread.

1. (n.) The act of gratifying, or pleasing, either the mind, the taste, or the appetite; as, the gratification of the palate, of the appetites, of the senses, of the desires, of the heart.
  2. (n.) That which affords pleasure; satisfaction; enjoyment; fruition: delight.
  3. () A reward; a recompense; a gratuity.

plimmerton811

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:13 pm

I note that it has taken an Austrian, an Iffy market trader and a JCB to look at this logically taking known facts into consideration.

plimmerton811

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpy Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:20 pm

I'm not an Austrian!! read the facts lol!

Alpy
Alpy

Male
Number of posts : 3484
Humor : 'Humor is reason gone mad' G.Marx
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:48 pm

Alpy wrote:I'm not an Austrian!! read the facts lol!

I know and for the record Dell is not a market trader and Digger is not actually a JCB.

plimmerton811

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Wed 10 Aug 2011, 7:31 am

plimmerton811 wrote:I know and for the record Dell is not a market trader and Digger is not actually a JCB.

lol!

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Wed 10 Aug 2011, 7:43 am

lol! affraid
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by ted Wed 10 Aug 2011, 5:41 pm

Could this also work with rioters?
ted
ted

Male
Number of posts : 124
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Wed 10 Aug 2011, 7:15 pm

I have been told from a reliable source that both the Police and the GSPCA trap and kill rodents on their premises. Who can we report them to?
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:59 pm

JCB how dare you HATACHI ...............LOL

BTW.......did you know that fruit are living things !!!!
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Thu 11 Aug 2011, 1:15 pm

No nervous system though (means no pain aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh)
and possibly no sense!!!

http://biology.clc.uc.edu/courses/bio105/nervous.htm

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2