www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Queen diamond jubilee

+4
Digger
kingcolemk
Thistle
Diddycoon
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Queen diamond jubilee Empty Queen diamond jubilee

Post by Diddycoon Wed 14 Dec 2011, 6:10 pm

Prince Charles is visiting Guernsey next year for the Queens diamond jubilee - what are your thoughts? - I would like Kate and William to come here - I would like to know how much money it will cost us!
Diddycoon
Diddycoon

Female
Number of posts : 4775
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Queen diamond jubilee Empty Re: Queen diamond jubilee

Post by Thistle Wed 14 Dec 2011, 6:57 pm

so would i dc...cant see why he has to come over anyway a waste of money imo
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Wed 14 Dec 2011, 7:07 pm

I would never have thought you would think that This' ! lol! You of all people !! Shocked

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:35 pm

Waste of tax payers money , by all means he can come over on condor like the rest of us , we have just been told about another rescission next year by our t&r minster , so no money for all the bulls**t that comes with a royal visit .
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 15 Dec 2011, 7:43 am

the money would be better spent on adult respite that we now wont be getting as hunter adam has used very vulnerable people as a political pawn ....
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Thu 15 Dec 2011, 7:44 am

There is a huge budget set aside for the royal events to celebrate the diamond jubilee .. this money in time of hardship would go a long way on things we need
by all mean celebrate but with street parties that all bring their own food not extravagant celebrations
and why have him here .. i dont like him and never will .hope he dont bring his mrs with him as well as that is double cost
it they do have to come hope they will be staying at government house .. free board there .
Also the children should all have a cup to celebrate it as well. that is all the money that should be spent.
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb

Back to top Go down

Post by ted Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:19 am

Could be worse we could of had Prince waste of space and his wife, but they have blagged the Caribbean gig.
ted
ted

Male
Number of posts : 124
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:14 pm

I really cannot understand the anti-royalist attitudes posted on here. If it was not for the fact that the Baliwick is a Crown Dependancy, and not subject to thr horrors of the UK Parliament, you would be in the same mess that we are in with unlimited immigration flooding the Island from the EU.

Before condemning the Royal Family I suggest you consider what the alternatives would be.

kingcolemk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Thu 15 Dec 2011, 2:04 pm

we have that anyway.. i like some of the Royal family but they are rich enough to pay for their own holiday ..
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb

Back to top Go down

Post by ted Thu 15 Dec 2011, 5:24 pm

I've nothing but respect for the Queen and Duke along with Princess Royal, less so for Charles and red rum, Edward OK does promote trade for UK, but none for princess Edward a complete waste of space. I would be interested if anyone could change my mind on the last person
ted
ted

Male
Number of posts : 124
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:46 pm

ted wrote:I've nothing but respect for the Queen and Duke along with Princess Royal, less so for Charles and red rum, Edward OK does promote trade for UK, but none for princess Edward a complete waste of space. I would be interested if anyone could change my mind on the last person

? Do you know something we don't ? Shocked lol!

kingcolemk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 15 Dec 2011, 8:24 pm

kat wrote:we have that anyway.. i like some of the Royal family but they are rich enough to pay for their own holiday ..
i totally agree kat.kingcole you can keep your royal leeches ..we dont want them.as for people coming in and taking our jobs they do that anyway..your government loves the channelislands that much that it is going to put hundreds out of work next year by illegally taking away the lvcr...uk only wants to know the islands if it is of benefit to them
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:20 pm

So what do you suggest as a better alternative ? Independance ? If that is the ideal of the majority in the Baliwick, then go ahead and sort it. It is entirely up to you.

Although your opinion of most of the States members does not inspire much hope of making a sucess of going it alone.

kingcolemk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:49 pm

If they want to come to my island let them pay for themselves , I am at a loss as to why people put other people up on a pedestal , its not only with the royals i have seen grown men fight over a football player ffs , they are not gods some have a talent but i think you will find we ALL have a talent, going off a bit now , The Royals have never had to work as such , they get waited on hand and foot , What for they are just people who happen to have everything given to them .

I rember the last one that came over they were out two weeks before sealing down all the man-hole covers down the harbor they sent armed police cars over from the UK and loads more at great cost to the tax payer , were we asked , what do you think of coarse NO !!
Digger
Digger

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Fri 16 Dec 2011, 9:41 am

The importance of the Royal Family is that they exist to occupy the 'Top Slot'. Thereby preserving a democracy rather than a dictatorship, as happened in Stalinist Russia, Iran, Lybia, Egypt, Nazi Germany, Facist Italy, Uganda, Nigeria, etc etc etc.

Obviously there are also many benevolent Rebublics, but generally speaking the most stable countries are ones that have a Monachy.

Last edited by kingcolemk on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

kingcolemk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:35 am

I agree wholeheartedly with that sentiment Kc - the royal family are the only thing between us and a dictatorship and people who do not understand this need to read up on history and pronto!! I am not a royalist in any way, but I do see how vulnerable we would be without them ( have you seen how tiny the British Isles are in relation to the rest of the world???) easy pickings if we were not a monarchy.........

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Fri 16 Dec 2011, 7:07 pm

kingcolemk wrote:So what do you suggest as a better alternative ? Independance ? If that is the ideal of the majority in the Baliwick, then go ahead and sort it. It is entirely up to you.

Although your opinion of most of the States members does not inspire much hope of making a sucess of going it alone.

The UK doesnt own thechannel islands kingcole .weare only a crown dependancy your royal leech queen is not the queen of guernsey but an old title of the duke of normandy ..
Rant
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Fri 16 Dec 2011, 8:13 pm

That's where you are wrong my dear. The Lieutenant Governer is the Queen's representive in the Baliwick. The States are technically answerable to the Queen through him. Although these day it is a mostly a traditional thing.

There are two Crown appointed members of the States known as Law Officers of the Crown. All new laws must receive Royal Assent before becoming legal in the Baliwick.

Much the same as the UK Govrnment is supposed to be answerable to her although she is not expected to exercise her authority.

You still have not said what you would consider to be an acceptable alternative.

kingcolemk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Fri 16 Dec 2011, 9:02 pm

"You still have not said what you would consider to be an acceptable alternative."

Jeremy Clarkson !!
Digger
Digger

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:54 pm

the queens representative yes and yes laws have to be passed by parliament doest mean she is the queen of guernsey...what would an alternative be anything but the royal pampered family..you could be ruled by donkeys for all i care..the uk let the islands down once before when it mattered i have no respect for your royal family or your government Rant
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:59 pm

I thought the Royal family reigned over England, Ireland (northern), Scotland and Wales and my passport says that I am part of the British Isles and Guernsey is a 'dependency' of said British Isles so I'm confused as to who is who and what is what and reading over these posts ....indeed who am I??? and where do I come from?? can anyone put me straight????

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sat 17 Dec 2011, 8:55 am

you are right karma we are only a crown dependancy and not part of the uk.
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sat 17 Dec 2011, 9:01 am

taken from afr website

Guernsey

Guernsey is a British Crown Dependency situated approximately 30 miles to the west of the coast of Normandy, and 80 miles off the South Coast of England.

By virtue of being a Crown Dependency, Guernsey has a unique relationship with the United Kingdom. It is not a sovereign state, and it is responsible for enacting its own legislation, although the Crown has retained ultimate responsibility for its foreign relations and defence. It follows that the Island has its own unique laws and Court system.

Guernsey occupies a special position in terms of its relationship with the European Union. It is not a member of the EU, but it is placed within the common customs area and common external tariff, thus allowing the free movement of industrial and agricultural goods between Guernsey and other territories of the EU.

The Bailiwick of Guernsey also includes the islands of Alderney, Sark and Herm. The residents of the Bailiwick are predominantly English speaking.

Guernsey is the largest and most populated of the islands in the Bailiwick, being home to approximately 62,000 people. It has a thriving finance industry, which dominates the Island’s economy.
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Sat 17 Dec 2011, 9:33 am

You are ruled by Donkeys ( IE Guernsey men ) but you have a very poor opinion of most of them so let's have a proposal for a workable alternative. Are you in agreement with the proposals by some people for an independant union with Jersey for example.

kingcolemk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Sat 17 Dec 2011, 9:35 am

Digger wrote:"You still have not said what you would consider to be an acceptable alternative."

Jeremy Clarkson !!

lol! Well that would probably be better than the Pro EU UK Government.

kingcolemk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next