www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Land without title ‘should be taken over by the States’

3 posters

Go down

Land without title ‘should be taken over by the States’ Empty Land without title ‘should be taken over by the States’

Post by GD Thu 19 Apr 2012, 6:07 pm

ALL land that has no legal title of ownership in the island should be taken over by the States, according to a Castel douzenier who has been at the centre of the Cobo car park dispute.

Barry Paint believes the move should be made sooner rather than later to prevent ownership disputes in the future.

He and other members of the Castel douzaine have fought for four years against Thomas Holroyd, who claims his company, A. W. Holdings, owns Cobo car park.

Mr Paint said he had done a lot of research into the history of the area and was confident Mr Holroyd did not own the land. And he believed the States should step in.
(from thisisguernsey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Land without title ‘should be taken over by the States’ Empty Re: Land without title ‘should be taken over by the States’

Post by rosie.henderson3 Fri 20 Apr 2012, 12:56 pm

Surely 'someone' always ownes the land, its just laziness of advocates' clerks who haven't parcelled the land properly in the deeds. There is a lot of confusion in deeds as the drawn outlines often do not reflect the written word. I am told what is written is binding and the drawings are merely 'indications'. Carelessness causes confusion.

rosie.henderson3

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-04-13

Back to top Go down

Land without title ‘should be taken over by the States’ Empty Re: Land without title ‘should be taken over by the States’

Post by karma Fri 20 Apr 2012, 1:01 pm

Rosie, you are so right......

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down