www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ambulance charity in financial trouble

3 posters

Go down

Ambulance charity in financial trouble  Empty Ambulance charity in financial trouble

Post by GD Wed 21 Nov 2012, 7:34 pm

Guernsey's Ambulance and Rescue Service has been given a loan of half a million pounds by the States, it has been revealed.

The figure was published in the 2013 Budget.

In August, the charity announced that it was struggling financially and that its deficit had run to £800,000 at the end of last year.

Although the organisation is part-funded by government it also receives donations from the public.

Chief officer Jon Beausire said previously that the grant it is given by the States - £1.9m last year and around half its running costs - is not enough.

But with funding tight at Health and Social Services and the department's £1.5m overspend this year, the charity will be under pressure to balance its books.

Treasury said the loan was on the condition that HSSD submits a report to the States in the first half of 2013. That should recommend the future level of service provided and how it will repay the loan.
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Ambulance charity in financial trouble  Empty Re: Ambulance charity in financial trouble

Post by kat Fri 23 Nov 2012, 12:47 pm

They should fund it all.this is a vital part of our emergency services ,they fund the police and fire brigade so why not the ambulance ?
if they take into account the amount of UNPAID hours the volunteers do it would cost many more thousands and many charity /sport .fun events would not be able to take place around the island .
I support the voluntry side as these folks give up many hours of their time . they are the one who train hard to be the service for tomorrow .
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Ambulance charity in financial trouble  Empty Re: Ambulance charity in financial trouble

Post by Thistle Fri 23 Nov 2012, 6:39 pm

i agree kat it should be fully funded ... Surprised
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down